xi. 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐞𝐬

"Scoops Troop, do you copy? Billy has found us

"Scoops Troop, do you copy? Billy has found us."

Mikes yells for help echoed through the mall. After the group had attempted to get secure in the car, it was revealed that Billy Hargrove had found them, causing everyone to quarantine in the mall once more.

The upside down car was Jonathan's idea to try. They needed the ignition cable but there was no way of getting it with the car leaned over the way it had. After they all positioned themselves behind it, ready to shove, the car didn't seem to make any movement. Cassie huffed when the car hadn't moved. "Why must you despise me, hunk of metal?"

"Let me try." El spoke up as her and Will stood infront of the car and panting teens. She walked forward, hand out reaching as they all moved. The metal sounded like it was being bent, possibly buffing out. El panted, giving a yell but failing.

"Here, I can lift you up." Cassie held a hand out to help the two up, her words hit Mike hard.

"Wait." Mike spoke up when he heard her, looking with wide eyes. "I know what to do."

It wasn't long until some of the group was pushing, the others yanking down on a metal pole that they managed to lodge beneath the car. Between both the pressure, the loud echo of the car falling over went through the mall. Mike took a deep breath. "Told you. Physics."

"Mike." Cassie hugged him tightly as he gapped, taken off guard. "I want you to be my partner for the paper."

"What?" he pulled back from her.

"I know you said you'd be too busy." she looked up at him hopefully. "But when I get nominated to write the school paper next year, I really want you to be there with me. Not just as my partner, with your ideas and all your thoughts, but also as my friend. I keep trying to think of how i'm gonna be able to do it alone or with someone else, and it's terribly dreadful to do so."

Mike smiled down at her. "You really want that?"

"Yes." she smiled with a nod. "So... does your brain allow you to reconsider and help me tear the souls from the principle when I write about the concussions at the football games."

Mike nodded as he smiled down to her. "Decision reconsidered, now a confirmed yes."

"Uh, there should be a latch. Check under the wheel." Jonathan nodded as Nancy hurried toward the front door. "You see it?"

"I don't know. Hold on." she struggled to lean over.

"You see it?" Jonathan asked again.

Lucas held his hand out to help Cassie down, gapping at her slightly. Cassie frowned her eyebrows. "What is circling your brain, Lucas?"

The hood popped open after she got it, distracting them.

"I don't know." the older Byers looked around. "It should be right here."

Cassie looked up when she heard a creek, gapping at the sight above her. "Lucas."

Her tone worried him, looking over to see her staring upwards. Mike and the others followed her gaze.

"Nancy!" Mike yelled out in a panic.

"Hurry!" Lucas grabbed Cassie tightly as she encouraged Will to follow, locking her hand with his as they hid behind a car. Lucas put an arm around Cassie as she leaned into him more, hand still clasped with Wills. The Mind Flayer falling through the roof of the mall and letting out a loud screech. Cassie used her free hand to put over her own mouth, the side of her head pressing harder against Lucas. Dustin's voice began to ring from the walkie."

"Please confirm your safety! Just answer! Is anyone there? Are you okay!" Dustin's yells echoed, barley being heard over the Mind Flayers snarling. "Griswold family, do you copy? Do you copy?"

A minor crash was heard, the Mind Flayers loud screech flying through the walls of Star Court. A crash followed, the Mind Flayer destroying The Gap suddenly. Cassie tried to look, Lucas pulled her head back to hold her still. He let her go, grabbing his wrist rocket. Cassie handed him a rock from her pocket, holding his waist as he stood up and firing it. The second he had, she pulled him back down at the balloon popped from the distance. The Mind Flayer screeched loudly as he turned at the sound.

"Go, go, go, go!" Jonathan encouraged quickly when The Mind Flayer was far enough, Lucas latching onto Cassies hand as they ran together, the others close behind. They ran through the back way, thought the empty halls, making it out back to the car.

"What about him?" Cassie asked, Billy still close by.

"Don't worry." Nancy pulled the gun out as Jonathan messed with the car.

"Cas, come on." Lucas pulled her into the car with him and Will, the trio sat close together. Cassie watched Nancy fire the gun as Billy drove to them, Jonathan trying to get the car running. "Shit, we got to go!"

"Jonathan!" Cassie called in a panic as Billy got scarily close, just as a car collided with him, knocking him away from Nancy and the others. Cassie fell onto Lucas' shoulder. "I thought we were seriously goners!"

Lucas wrapped an arm around her with a sigh of relief, the car starting up as Jonathan drove off. They got Steve and Robin, the pair jumping into the car as they speed off.

kylie speaks

doubles update bc i keep
imagining mike and cassie
in a hot, tiny ass high school
office typing up the school
paper and being the cutest
partners then running off to
lucas' basketball game

doubles update bc i keep imagining mike and cassiein a hot, tiny ass high schooloffice typing up the schoolpaper and being the cutest partners then running off tolucas' basketball game