xii. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐰 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

"That thing-" Cassie started as she looked out the back window to the Mind Flayer following

"Dusty-Bun, do you copy?" she was cut off by the walkie talkie going off.

"What?" Cassie and Lucas spoke on sync as they shared a look.

"I copy, Suzie-Poo." Dustin's voice rung soon after. "It sounds much better now, thanks."

"Suzie." Robin gabbed.

"Is a real life, living breathing, woman who Dustin truly does have shakspherian love with." Cassie gapped, blinking, because she hadn't believed it fully.

"Do you know Planck's constant?" Dustin asked her from the other line.

"Do you know the Earth orbits the sun?" she asked in return.

"Woah, she is perfect for him." Lucas confirmed as Cassie nodded.

"Okay, so I know it starts with two sixes, and then a...w-what is it?" Dustin asked her as they all listened in, it clearly being very important.

"Okay, let me just be clear on this. I haven't heard from you in a week, and now you want a mathematical equation that you should know so you can...save the world?" she asked, Lucas and Cassie shared a look with a small shrug.

"Suzie-poo, I promise, I will make it up to you as soon as possible." Dustin promised her with desperation in his tone.

"You can make it up to me now." Cassie could hear the grin in her voice.  "I want to hear it."

"Not right now." Dustin spoke back quickly, Lucas and Cassie both seemed confused as they looked to the other for answers.

"Yes, now, Dusty-bun." Suzie huffed.

"Suzie-pop, this is urgent." Dustin tried once again.

"Yes, yes, you're saving the world, I heard you the first time, but Ged is also saving Earthsea and he's about to confront the shadow, so this is Suzie, signing off." she said in annoyance, Cassie's eyes widened in worry.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Dustin yelled to stop her. Silence fell a moment, Lucas looked to Cassie as her eyebrows shot uo when she heard Dustin start to sing. "Turn around, look at what you seeeeeeee. In her face, the mirror of your dreamsssss."

"This is ripping me apart." Cassie placed a hand on her heart in a gushing manor. "I shall die knowing I experienced one final little love story."

"Make believe i'm everywhere, given in the light!" Suzie sung with Dustin now. "Written on the pages is the answer to a never-ending storyyyyyy. Reach the stars, fly a fantasyyyyy."

Cassie laid her head on Lucas' shoulder with a smile, her hopeless romantic self never finding something so precious.

"Dream a dream, and what you see will beeeee. Rhymes that keep their secrets will, unfold behind the clouds. sand there upon a random is the answer to a never-ending storyyyy." the pair harmonized together once more.

"Cassie." Will gapped in disbelief as she whipped her eyes. "Are you crying?"

"It's so sweet." she whipped her eyes, Lucas shook his head as he rubbed her back.

"Planck's constant is 6.62607004." Suzie spoke from the other line of the walkie.

"It's turning around!" Steve looked out the back window to see the creature leave. Jonathan hit the breaks, they all yelled as Lucas held Cassie as they spun, taking off to the mall again.

Cassie threw the first firework, throwing the dictionary with it as it hit the Mind Flayer. Lucas was close after. "Flay this, you ugly piece of shit!"

"El, go!" Cassie yelled down to her as they threw firework after firework, explosions going off all around them, but keeping the flayed from getting to El.

"Yeah!" Lucas cheered as Cassie got it right on the claw. "The Claw Killer is back."

"Hell yeah!" Cassie cheered as they high-fived with both hands, going back to throwing the fireworks again as El attempted to run, Billy yanking her back.

"We're almost out!" Will yelled in a panic.

Cassie raced down the stairs, terrifying Lucas. "Cassie!"

"Get away from her!" Cassie tackled Billy off of El, the two screeching across the floor, but she managed to her him off.

"Cassie!" Lucas shouted quickly, grabbing his last firework.

"Lucas, no, we ne-" Will starter, being cut off by the firework hitting near them, going off and giving Cassie time to get away from Billy.

"Run!" Lucas yelled to Cassie in panic as she gapped, running to El. Lucas panicked when he saw Billy getting a hold of Cassie. "Cassie!"

The Park girl yelled as he yanked her back, tossing her against the stairs as she hit her head. Lucas ran down them quickly, getting to her as Cassie held her head. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her to sit up. He checked her head, neither having time to say or do anything as they watched as Billy got off of El, turning to the Mind Flayer. Cassie and Lucas held onto each other on the stairs, nothing else they could do, entirely up to him now.

The claw from it's mouth shot out toward El. Cassie cried out in fear. "El!"

Billy had stopped it, pushing the claw with all his might as El laid, hurt, but not dead behind him. Lucas' grip tightened around Cassie. They watched the claws of the Mind Flayer pierce Billys body, his yells of pain echoing the mall, Max yelling his name when the final claw went through his heart.

The Mind Flayer began to screech loudly, stumbling around and crashing into things. The creature hit the ground, stilling, laid lifeless infront of them. They all stared in shock until Max's cries brought them back, leaning over a dead Billy.

kylie speaks

not next chapter being
the last

not next chapter beingthe last