Horrifying discovery

Monday - 2nd January – Hogwarts – 5:05 PM

"Harry, I want you to live with me. I understand that you're most likely happy where you are but I would like you to consider it. And if you don't want to live with me, would I be able to stay in contact with you?" Sirius asked. I smiled softly at Sirius.

The Doctor had finished examining Sirius and had gone out to talk to Fudge, Umbridge and Dumbledore about Sirius.

"I would love too." I said as Sirius pulled me into a big hug. I hugged back before gently pulling away. "I can't wait to tell Mum and Dad once I get to Potter Manor. They'll be so excited about you being out of Azkaban." Sirius froze as he looked at me. I gave Sirius a large smile as I decided to doom Dumbledore with this information. "What? Did you not know they had portraits of themselves?" Sirius shook his head softly. "That's okay. You can go meet them once you're out of St Mungo's and have had a shower." Sirius nodded as the door to the room opened to reveal Dumbledore. I stopped smiling as Dumbledore walked closer to us.

"Sirius. The Doctor has told us you will be in here for three days getting potions to help your body become better. You will be on Nutrition Potions for three months and this is all being paid for by the Ministry." Sirius smiled as he turned to look at me with happy eyes.

"That's around the time Hogwarts ends for the summer. I'll be better and ready to take care of you by then! You'll be able to move in right away!" Sirius said excitedly as he almost seemed to bounce from the hospital bed. Dumbledore then gave a cough, gaining both Sirius's and my attention.

"I'm sorry, Sirius but Harry ca-." I cut Dumbledore off my cough of my own and a glare. Sirius looked at me with curiosity as Dumbledore gave a sigh. "My apologies. Mister Potter can't live with you. It is very important he stay with his relatives." I growled softly at Dumbledore. "Besides. Your Doctor has told me you are unstable to take care of a child for longer than three months without supervision. Now, Mister Potter. Let's get you back to school." Dumbledore beckoned me to follow him. I glared at Dumbledore as I turned to Sirius with wide eyes.

"I can visit you in the summer, right?" Sirius had a shocked look on his face and had sat frozen when Dumbledore told him he can't take me with him. Sirius un-froze and looked down at me and pulled me into a hug.

"Of course you can visit. You can stay over or come over for as long as you want. Just send an owl and I'll have a room ready before you get there." I smiled softly but scowled when Dumbledore coughed.

"I'm afraid I can't allow that. It's too dangerous for Harry to leave his relatives." Sirius seemed to deflate as I gave Dumbledore another glare.

"You can't stop me from visiting. I'll ask Aunt Petunia to visit Sirius during the summer." Dumbledore's eyes hardened slightly before turning back to his twinkling eyed self. Sirius seemed to cheer up a little at the small hope of me commin g over.

"I'm sure your Aunt will keep you in the house after I've had a chat with her about the dangers." Dumbledore seemed sure of himself as he motioned for me to come out. "Now let us leave, Mister Potter. We need to get you back to school." I turned to Sirius and gave him another hug before following the Headmaster out of the room. I walked with him over to Fudge, Amelia and Umbridge with a frown on my face.

"Now that Mister Black had been sorted out, we may now return back to what we were doing." I sighed as I realized I wouldn't be able to see Sirius longer but it would be an advantage to go to Gringotts while I have the chance. I turned to Amelia and Fudge.

"While I am here, would it be alright if I made a quick trip to Gringotts before returning?" Amelia looked thoughtful and Fudge looked unsure as Dumbledore gave me a warning look. Dumbledore looked at Fudge and Amelia with a kind smile.