Chapter One

Lucas

Flashback.

Fuck my life. That’s all I can say right now. I’m rough as fuck. I don’t think I can handle another night out, but I know for a fact Craig will have my head if I turn tonight down. We didn’t get in until five this morning.

I never normally go drinking at my own nightclub, but Craig is insisting we go there tonight. We’re only here for another day before I need to head away to look at another nightclub.

“Lucas, are you up?” I roll my eyes at Craig’s annoying sister. She follows us everywhere.

Yes, I’ll be out in a moment.” I groan as I climb out of bed, and slip my shirt on before heading for a piss.

Once I’m done in the bathroom, I head out to see Marley; she’s standing there with a cup of coffee, looking fresh as a daisy.

“About time. Don’t forget you said you’d take me shopping tonight. After all, it is my birthday tomorrow.” I roll my eyes as I make myself a coffee, hoping it will help with my head.

It’s far too early to go shopping, why do I always get brought into this rubbish?

“Why did I get brought into this? Can’t your brother take you?” I bet he’s balls-deep in that blonde from last night.

“He won’t. That’s why he said you would. I promise I’ll leave you alone after.” Fat chance of that happening. She never leaves me alone. I wish Craig would speak to her about this.

I tell him constantly about how she throws herself at me. “Fine, but after this, you better leave me alone.” Her smile drops, and I know I’ve hurt her feelings and I instantly feel bad but I'm not in the mood for it today.

“I promise.” She mumbles.

I down my coffee, which burns my mouth, but I know I’ll need it today to deal with her. I know I should probably drink something stronger.

Grace

Ok, I don’t know why I thought this would be a good idea to come here. What the heck have I got myself into? I know I’ll never get over this holiday.

When my dad paid for me to come to Vegas, I wasn’t expecting this. I look around the strip and smile. It’s breathtaking.

Some would say it’s not, but it truly is; I think I’m more drawn to the lights than anything.

“Grace, come on, stop being a deer in headlights. We’ve only got nine days left, and we haven’t done hardly anything fun.” That’s bullshit. We’ve done a load of fun stuff, or should I say I have.

Whilst they’ve been sleeping the days away, I’ve been out sightseeing from day one. I didn’t want to waste this opportunity one bit.

“I’m coming, but I don’t think we’ll be able to get into the club that you want to get into; I think you keep forgetting that we’re only eighteen. We have to be twenty-one to get in here.”

My father got us on the guest list to a lot of clubs, but that’s only because he’s good friends with the owners, but we still had to wear them stupid bands on our wrist and stay in the VIP section, which means we won’t be able to sneak any drinks.

I can’t understand why you can drink at eighteen in England, but over here, it’s twenty-one. It seems so unfair.

“And this is why I have us some very good fake IDs. By the way, you all owe me five hundred for them.” My mouth hangs open. They won’t work. They aren’t stupid over here like they are back in Yorkshire. They let anyone in.