The Game of Temptation ~10~

Hey guys!

So, yay thanks for not hating me last chapter!:)

Also, I have a feeling you'll like this chapter. At least, some of you will...

So... should be interesting.

Also, as much as I wish you could, don't get used to this many uploads in a week. I only got this one done quickly because I've been waiting to write it for MONTHS now!

Anyway, enjoy!

Chapter Ten

~Ren~

What the hell was she playing at?

I could understand maybe spacing away for a couple of days, maybe even a week. After all, I had kind of put her in an awkward position.

But almost two months? At first I'd believed Caroline when she'd said that Isa's phone had broken, and that she just didn't have time to talk to anyone because of studying. I understood it. College Freshman always had to put in a little extra to make sure they got a good reputation around campus staff.

However, as a month turned into a month and a half, I couldn't help but notice certain things. If I ever said hi to her in passing, she'd suddenly be in a deep discussion with a person next to her. I saw her on the phone once, but when I'd text her earlier that day, she hadn't replied.

So I understood. She was ignoring me.

Why? I was fine with being friends. I'd been drunk off my ass, and what I'd said on Halloween was true. I hadn't asked her out, I hadn't said something that indicated I wanted a relationship. All I'd done was reminded her we kissed, and admitted she was screwing my head up somehow.

So what was her problem? I should be the one ignoring her, not the other way around.

Enough was enough. Christmas break was coming up in just a couple of days, after all the finals were complete, and I needed to get whatever was going on cleared up before we left for the holiday.

It was Saturday, so I made my way to her dorm. If I had to, I'd get Caroline to tell me what the hell was going on.

It only took ten minutes, not including the stop I made at Starbucks so I'd have something to use as a bribe if needed.

I took a breath before knocking, getting ready to get Isa to start talking. Unfortunately, Caroline opened instead.

"Hey, what do you need?" She asked.

I held out the coffee, just beyond her reach. "Why the hell is Isa ignoring me?" I asked.

She raised an eyebrow. "Ren, she's not ignoring you."

"Yes, she is. Now do you mind not lying and telling me why?"

She sighed. "Fine, yes she is. No, I can't tell you. I can tell you it has something to do with that night, but other than that..." She shrugged.

I frowned. "What's 'that night'?" I asked.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. That's what we call Halloween. Stuff happened that Italy doesn't remember, but she's confused and you won't tell me so she has no idea."

"Wait, that's why you wanted to know what happened?" I asked, and Caroline nodded. Suddenly the first part of her sentence registered. "Isa doesn't remember anything?"

"Well, she told me she remembers two dances with you, then the rest gets kind of blurry. She definitely doesn't remember anything after you telling her how you pick up girls."