- 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 a crash. A shout. A rattle. Light was slowly making its way back into the room and Jordan squinted his eyes at the sudden noise, the exhaustion of hunger and dehydration consuming him whole.

"What are...you doing here?" the boy moaned, voice croaky and weak.

Their rescuer stepped further into the room, making his appearance crystal clear to the victims inside. "I told you I'd come back," said Rafe Cameron simply.

Jordan carefully watched the boy as he unchained him from the wall. Rafe handed him a bottle of water, too. Jordan didn't drink it, cautious of whatever he might've put in. He saw Rafe kill Peterkin with his own eyes, and JJ had told him what he did to his sister. He didn't trust the boy in the slightest way possible. "Why are you here?" he repeated.

Rafe ignored Luis on the side wall and leaped towards Kaci instead, who was paralysed on the floor. A flash of worry passed through his eyes, a hint of regret. "I promised her I wouldn't let anything bad happen." He carefully stripped away her chains, pulling her limp body towards him.

Jordan furrowed his brows, gaining his balance on the ground and holding his stomach. "Yeah, well, you failed at that," he stated bitterly, gesturing to his near-dead big sister. "What the hell is wrong with her?"

"They gave her too much emepronium bromide."

Seeing the confusion on Jordanʼs face, Luis sat up straighter, still holding the baby with him. "It's a paralytic drug," he informed the youngest boy. He noddrd to Rafe. "Who's they?"

Rafe rolled his eyes, not answering the question and simply refusing to acknowledge Luisʼs existence. He lifted Kaci up in his arms, letting her hair dangle through his fingers. Tears started to well up in his eyes when he found her like this. He hoped it wasn't too late. He couldn't handle it if it was.

Jordan started to walk forward, a limp on his step as he tried to fight through the pain of his wound. He roughly took the keys from Rafeʼs hand and tossed them towards Luis, who set himself and Kaz free.

"Let me take her," Luis spoke up, standing up without any pain or consequences. He was fine. There wasn't a single scar or wound on his body. He was just a little muddy, that was all. He didn't look like a victim of abuse and kidnapping.

Rafe turned around to face the older boy, who glared at him harshly. He knew that what he said wasn't a question, nor was it an offer. Luis knew what Rafe did to Kaci, and for that, the big brother didn't like him all that much. But despite all the fights, Rafe cared about Kaci. He really did. Sometimes he just lost himself, got too inside of his mind and let the dark urges control him. He wished he could stop them, he wished he could be strong enough to get the help, but he wasn't. Not without Kaci by his side. So, he nodded and let the sleeping girl go to her brother.

Luis passed Kaz along to Jordan with care before taking Kaci into his arms. Rafe watched in jealousy as the baby was given to the brother. The baby that should've been his. JJ Maybank stole the life he was supposed to have. JJ Maybank took away Kaci and any future he could've had with her. He would never forgive the pouges for forbidding him a happy life. In his narcissistic mind, it was their fault Kaci left him, not his own. And seeing that baby made him want to scream. Kaz Flores ruined his life.

"Come on," he said with a nod to the door, only looking at Jordan. "I've got a car outside, and the others are in the house."

"The others?" asked Jordan.

"Who do you think I'm talking about?"

The two brothers shared a look before following the Cameron boy outside into the real world.