Chapter 13

As soon as the scouts arrived back at headquarters, they gathered all necessary equipment and alerted everyone of the breach. Kaya ran straight to her room and put on her scouting uniform before placing on her gear, she wasn't going to cower away this time, the scouts will have a victory. The ghoul then ran to the back corner of her room and grabbed a bag ready to place all her belongings.

Without hesitation, the thief opened up the flooring and packed everything she needed into her bag and covered the ghoul book up in an extra shirt, despite already knowing the basics of her power, she needed to know more. Kaya let out a sigh when she had everything she needed packed and then ran out of her room to gather Eren and his friends.

On her way there, she ran into Armin and alerted him of the situation, causing him to bolt towards Eren's room. "EREN, MIKASA, they've broken through wall rose, the titans, they're coming!" He yelled.

"Cmon, get ready, we don't have anymore time to waste." Kaya said from behind the panicked blonde boy, the cadets in front of her quickly gathered their belongings and gear before following her to their assigned cart.

"Great, will someone explain to me what this means?" Eren stated with his eyes glued to the ground.

"I don't know, they're titans right? Would they break a wall with titans in it?" Armin questioned.

"Wouldn't be the first time, that's how they got into Shiganshina." Eren answered.

"That was the colossal and armoured, it's obvious that they have intelligence and I personally believe that they're exactly like you, Eren. Most titans are mindless but titan shifters have their own free will, yet all their actions have purpose." Kaya thought aloud, causing Eren to slightly gasp at her conclusion.

"She's right, besides it was a gate that they broke last time." Armin added.

"Just what are you getting at." Mikasa pondered from besides Eren.

"The walls are different, there are no signs of stress, no cracks, no crevices in the rocks, we can't even really tell how they were constructed. Suppose they're built with the same stuff Annie's trapped herself in, must be versatile material, and we know it's virtually indestructible." The blonde continued.

"So from the start, the titan shifters knew about the wall, they knew about the titans in it. Shit, that only makes it even more obvious how in the dark we all are." Kaya said while resting her head in her hands.

Armin sat down next to the ghoul and they all sat in silence until the rest of the occupants arrived. "Sorry to keep you waiting, took longer than I thought." Hange smiled and waved at the four. Kaya glared at the pastor next to them and muttered to herself about how much she hated that guy.

"H-he's a, he's a priest from the church of the walls." Armin stuttered.

"Call him what you will, I just think he's an ass." Kaya muttered, receiving a kick from Levi.

"Old Nick and me are as thick as thieves, it's fine, makes about as much sense for him to be here as the rest of us, don't ya think? We're random." Hange beamed and started to hug the priest.

"No, contrary, Erwins thrown us together for a reason." Levi countered as the gates began to open and the wagons started to move.

Kaya zoned out and stared at the stars while Hange told the rest of the group about Pastor Nicks involvement with the walls. The ghoul was peacefully stargazing until Eren shouted right into her ear. "You're joking right, the whole time, this guy knew?!" Eren yelled.

"Uh Huh, afraid so, just about sums up where we are with him. Cats out of the bag now of course, he's not willing to talk yet but we'll see how he feels after a harsh dose of reality. Faith keeps him quiet but first hand experience though." Hange explained.