Chapter 64: Modern Day Life Lesson Forty Seven

A/N: Okay, here's the second part of this update!! I think you might find this one interesting XD This is chapter 64!! Please enjoy!!!

The following few weeks at school for everyone in Subaru's apartment were probably the most tiring because, even though some students believed Emilia's innocence quite readily once the police showed up to explain, some still thought that she was some sort of indecent woman who played every man she knew within her hands. On the day when Emilia went back to school, murmurs and whispers would still be heard wherever they went. However, with their classmates' encouragements and supports, and especially with what happened on the night Emilia went back home, they were coping with the situation just fine.

In fact, with Emilia's feelings expressed and how they should continue their life together discussed, Subaru found that Emilia was gradually changing. She still showed signs of being troubled and sadness from time to time due to the unreasonable people at school, but she also smiled more and looked happier whenever she was with Subaru. Emilia's cheerfulness was affecting everyone around her, and the atmosphere around them was getting better too. It was a good improvement, and Subaru, as well as Hinata, Aki, and Haruka, were all very pleased to see such changes.

It was March now, and as the end of the third semester approached, students were getting busy again with several different things. The first one was White Valentine's Day, on which those who received chocolates on Valentine's Day would return the giver with their own chocolates. Subaru and the girls didn't participate this time though, since on Valentine's Day, they had both given and received chocolates. However, some students used this day to hand Emilia their chocolates and say their apologies for hurting her so badly, so, in a way, this day also helped both Emilia and the school move on from that incident.

The second thing was the end of term club projects as well as their final exams. For the twelve graders, they weren't worried about exams since they would be graduating soon and shifted their focuses to the club projects. For the Anime Study Club, having received a very positive review from both the teachers and the students on their previous final project, they were working extra hard to produce something of the same quality, and Hinata was putting even more efforts in coming up with an idea to match the creativity of the White Whale.

The third thing was the future consultation for the twelfth graders, and this was something that troubled Subaru for quite a while. He was already determined that he would return to Lugnica with the four girls once a way back was found, but they didn't know how long it would take. What if it took years before they found a way back? What should they do when that really happened? If that was the case, they wouldn't be students forever, and eventually, they'd leave school and step into the real society. He wasn't worried about the girls because he knew they had abilities far better than his, but what about himself? Apart from that, he also had to come up with a plan for himself to satisfy both his teachers and parents. That was really a serious issue for Subaru.

"Ahhhhh, I dunno what to do..." Subaru sighed one day after they finished their homeroom, laying his face flat down on the desk and stretching out his arms. "Do what?" Aki asked, stretching his muscles as well. "My future..." Subaru mumbled, and Hinata chuckled. "You'll be fine, Subaru. You're not that type of people who just constantly worry over things like that." Hinata said, patting him on the back. "Well this time it's a bit more complicated." Subaru said, pulling himself back up and looking at his three friends.

"You've got your plans decided pretty much, haven't you?" He asked. Aki and Haruka gave him a shrug. "I wouldn't say it's one hundred percent decided, but we've got a direction." Aki said, and Haruka nodded. "Yeah, if nothing goes wrong we'll probably end up in the same sports university." Haruka said. "Uh-huh, that's what we thought about you two." Subaru and Hinata said in unison. "What 'bout you, Natsuno? The arts university you told us last time?" Aki said, and Hinata folded his arms.