Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Take life as it happens, but make it happen the way you want to take it

"Take life as it happens, but make it happen the way you want to take it." - Julie Coons

Valen looks at Christian for a long moment, then rolls his eyes and resumes walking. "You're insufferable," he grumbles.

Christian's eyes shine with mirth as he jogs forward to reach Valen's side. "Oh, come on now. We're friends, aren't we?"

An unamused look from the male makes Christian roll his lips between his teeth. "Fine, alright," he teases, fighting back a smile. "Best friends then."

Reaching out his arm, Valen shoves Christian away from him. The Gamma stumbles to the side but quickly regains his balance, laughing when he notices Valen quicken his pace.

 The Gamma stumbles to the side but quickly regains his balance, laughing when he notices Valen quicken his pace

The blue mat is cold beneath Alia's hands, now stained red by the blood spat out from between her lips. Her opponent grabs her hair and pulls her onto her knees, head angled back to bear her neck to him.

She doesn't like it - the submission.

Gritting her teeth, Alia glares at the black-haired male and tries to release his grip. He only tightens it further, straining her neck to the point of pain. Frustration fills her. She can't lose like this.

Throwing her body back onto the mat, Alia pulls the male forward as his grip remains strong. His eyes widen when he begins to fall, but Alia already has her feet kicking into his abdomen to throw his body completely over her, flipping him onto his back. When his back meets the mat, Alia rips his hand away from her hair and sits up, releasing a harsh breath. When she turns to get onto her feet, a hand latches around her throat and shoves her body back onto the mat. The grip is unrelenting, crushing, and she desperately tries to remove his hand by grabbing at his fingers.

Glowering down at her, the male holds a fury within his eyes that makes Alia's own suddenly widen in fear.

Is he trying to kill her?

Tapping her hand against his wrist, she tries to submit to the fight, but he ignores her. Now, she begins to panic.

Voices from observers begin to increase in volume, shouting at the man to get off of her - that she submitted. He growls at them to stay out of it, but they lunge at him instead.