Gary's Adventure! CH-75

Narrator: It is a peaceful monday morning as our heroes are in school, having their break. Last time, Ash managed to finally win his long awaited Dragon Pearl against Drayden thanks to Infernape bond evolving?

"Tadaa!" Ash exclaimed proudly as he held the Dragon Pearl in his hand as he held it forward for the others to see. He stood infront of the bench where everyone was sitting with Pikachu on his shoulder and Lucario by his left side. Serena was on his right side with her arms wrapped around his.

"Great job Ash! I knew you could do it!" Misty said with a positive smile on her face.

"It was a difficult challenge if I'm honest." Ash chuckled sheepishly as he scratched the back of his head.

"But you won! That's what matters the most!" Serena said as she softly pecked him on his Z marked cheeks. "Thanks to Dragonite, Garchomp, Snorlax and Infernape." He added, smiling at Serena before he sat down. Serena sat down on Ash's lap as she started some small talk about contests and performances with Dawn and May.

"So Ash--- You barely beat him? I wouldn't break a sweat." Gary said in a teasing tone as he narrowed his eyes, looking straight at Ash.

Ash grinned. "That's right Gary. You'd be already out of pokemon before you get the chance of sweating." Ash countered. Misty, Brock and Clemont chuchled as Gary sweatdropped.

"Hey guys!" Shauna said as she came walking towards the group before sitting down next to Gary. Serena's face expression instantly changed into a smile, seeing her best friend. "Hi Shauna!" She greeted.

"So--- how did it go?" Serena asked in a teasing manner as she narrowed her eyes, looking at Gary and Shauna.

Both Gary and Shauna's face turned red. It was visible that they were struggling to bring out any words as at the moment, everyone else at the table looked in their direction.

"Uuhm--- you see--- uhh--" Shauna started. Gary sighed, releasing some stress before he nudged Shauna. She looked at him in a puzzling manner. "I think it's better we tell them." Gary said. Shauna nodded, causing some confusion among the group before Gary put his arm around her shoulder. "We're a couple now!" They both said at the same time with a big smile on their faces.

"Ahhh!!" Serena, Misty, Dawn, May and Iris squealed. Most of the guys smiled except for Ash. He sat still, not moving an inch with his eyes wide open. He knew there was something playing between Gary and Shauna but he never thought of them being together, especially this soon. Trevor smiled as he had a feeling that there was something between the two already while Tierno shared Ash's reaction.

"Wha--- how--- when---?" Ash asked in confusion. Serena turned her head around, still sitting on his lap. "Are you serious? Guess I still need to work on your denseness..." She sighed. Ash chuckled slightly as he scratched the back of his neck while sweatdropping.

He wrapped his arms around Serena's waist again as Gary and Shauna started explaining what happened.

Flashback Saturday afternoon

"Let's see, I think I've gotten everything with me what I need. Now I should go to Lumiose quickly before I'm getting late." Gary spoke to himself before he walked outside the house and released Pidgeot from his pokeball. He climbed on the massive bird pokemon's back before they flew to Prism Tower where Gary, Clemont, Trevor and Shauna agreed to meet up.

A few moments later, Gary arrived in Lumiose City and landed infront of Prism Tower. Just as Pidgeot touched the ground, Clemont came walking through the automatic doors. "Hello Gary!" He greeted.

"Hi Clemont, all set?" Gary asked the young inventor.

"Yeah! We only need to wait for Shauna and Trevor." Clemont said. "Hi guys!" Shauna greeted just as Clemont mentioned them. She and Trevor came walking down the streets.