Chapter Thirty

[A/N]: Two day delay, don't kill me, you guys! >.<

Lol, I was just really tired from this week and I literally needed the relaxation. I was planning to update this chapter yesterday but then my internet was being stupid again.

But anyway.

Here's the chapter!

ENJOY! :3

Vote/Comment/ Fan? 

Chapter Thirty

VINCENT'S POV:

"So why are you here Ronnie?" i asked, leaning against the kitchen counter with my arms crossed.

          "Veronica," my sister sister corrected as her hazel eyes snapped in my direction.

          Veronica was sitting at the breakfast table across from Carson and she slowly ate the cookies that Carson had made. My sister didn't really say anything; she just sat there as she savoured the taste of the cookie as if she was analyzing every single ingredient that was put into it.

          Typical, Ronnie. 

          Always such a damn perfectionist.

          If there was even a hint of sugar that over the suggested measurement, Ronnie would go nuts. 

          "Taste good," Veronica finally concluded, looking at Carson with a small smile. 

          "Thanks," Carson replied.

          Veronica smiled. "Anyway," she said. "I'm here because mom and dad invited me over for dinner. And since I've just finished up a case in court earlier today, I figured I would surprise them by making a large feast. Of course, I had made a plan to call Victor and you over so that it could be somewhat of a family get-together but since you're already here--" She shot me the fakest smile of life. "-- perhaps, you could help me out with dinner."

          I snorted. "Unless you want to end up on 1000 ways to die then I suggest you ask for Carson's help instead," I responded, throwing my hands up in the air.

          Veronica shot Carson another smile. "You should go change first," she said. "Do you remember my room used to be? Okay, just go in there and find something to wear. I usually keep spare clothes in the drawers whenever i visit my parents."

          Carson narrowed her eyes at my sister. "You sure?" She asked, slowly. "You hated it whenever somebody stepped foot into your--"

          "Just go."

          Carson didn't even hesitate; she just got up and walked out of the kitchen, leaving me and my oh-so-amazing sister alone.

          Once, she was gone, Veronica immediately looked in my direction and wiggled her eyebrows. "Seems you really like her," she stated with a snicker. "And the sad part is, you make it so obvious--"

          "What do you want?" I asked, annoyed.

          Veronica just stared at me. "Can I not have a normal conversation with my little brother? God, you make it sound like i came all this way just for you." She rolled her eyes as she got up and took another cookie. "Like I said before, I came here to make a family dinner for us all. I even went to the grocery--" She gestured towards the plastic bags on the counter. "-- so don't get cocky, alright?"