42

Later Louis went out of the building to smoke a cigarette.
It was just about an hour and half after the lunch that Harry had.

He was pretty hungry and Louis was happy to see that. The lunch wasn't really bad itself, with which was Louis satisfied as well.

As he took his first drag he noticed there was a woman and a child making their way out of the building. The child was obviously from the same ward as Harry, maybe around 14 years old.

Louis walked a bit further from them, because he didn't want the smoke to hit them.
The alpha kept staring at them as well as overhearing their conversation.

"Are you alright Judy?" the girl that was holding most likely her mother's hand just nodded tiredly.
"Bailey is waiting for you home."
"Bailey." the girl smiled weakly.
"Yeah, he missed you so much." Louis guessed that Bailey was probably her pet. That name fitted for a dog the best, but in the end it could be any other pet as well.
"You can take him up to your room, but no bed, alright? That's your space to rest."
"Yeah, ma." the following words were too muffled for Louis to hear.

He watched as the girl's mother helped her get into the car and then they drove off.

He took his last drag as the possible images of Harry after chemoterapy filled his head. He knew he will be tired all the time and weak because of how much of it they will give him. Louis knew that the first two months of chemo will be the most intense and hard.

Few tears ran down Louis' cheeks as he threw the cigarette where it belonged, into the ashtray. He wiped his cheeks quickly, reminding himself that his purpose was to keep Harry happy, not make him cry.

When he arrived back to Harry's room the younger one was just drinking some of the tea the nurses had given him. Louis noticed he made a face as he took a sip.

"Not good?" he chuckled.
"No." Harry put it back down while shaking his head slightly.

"I would like some juice or water instead." he commented.
"I will bring you some juice if they let me."
"Thanks." Louis gave him a smile, making his way towards his things, so he could put his cigarettes back into his bag.
"I am bored." the boy whined in the meanwhile.

"What about a nap?" Louis offered, thinking he could be tired.
"Not sleepy."
"Well..." Louis thought for a moment, coming up with an idea eventually.
"I brought you colour pencils and papers. Wanna draw something?" he turned around to glance at his boy.

"Will you draw too?"
"I can't draw." Louis furrowed his brows, shaking his head.
"Please, draw with me?" Harry made those puppy eyes of his.
So Louis walked over to Harry's bag, taking out the things he needed.

"Well, we don't have anything hard on w-" he got interrupted by Harry.
"I will sit at the table."
"Shouldn't you stay in bed?" Louis questioned with worried expression plastered on his face.

"I am okay Louis, don't worry about it." Harry got up from the bed slowly, rolling his drip with him. He had to make sure he was careful enough since he was currently having an infusion connected to the cannula in his arm.

Harry took his place at the table, waiting for Louis to sit down as well.
He brought the papers and pencils with him, choosing the chair on Harry's left.

"If you feel dizzy or anything you will return back to bed immediately, okay?" Louis didn't want Harry to faint here. That was the last thing he wanted for him, to faint again.
"Yeah." Harry nodded, stealing his paper away from Louis.

"What are we going to draw?" Louis asked as he spread the pencils in the middle of the desk that they were currently sitting at.

"Butterflies?" Harry blurted out.
"Okay, butterflies then." Louis picked up a black pencil and Harry did the same.

"Mine will have blue wings."

"Why blue?" Louis asked.

"Because those butterflies are your favourite." Harry said proudly as he began to draw the shape of the butterfly's body.

Louis looked up from his paper to steal a glance at the curly haired boy. He was all soft at that moment. He was melting quicker than butter exposed to hot summer sun.

After that he took his eyes back to his paper, ready to draw the prettiest butterfly for Harry.

They kept their eyes on their own work, concentrating really hard on it.

"I am almost done." Harry announced all of sudden.

"Oi, me too." and with that Louis grabbed the violet pencil to add some of that colour into the butterfly's wings.

"Louis!" Harry exclaimed.
"Mhm?" Louis looked up while the pencil was still touching the surface of his paper.

"You told me you can't draw and now you drew the prettiest butterfly I have ever seen. I feel like throwing mine away." the boy pouted slightly.

Louis ticked with his eyes to Harry's paper.
"Baby, yours is very much beautiful too." but Harry just took his eyes down to his picture, staring at it in silence.

"H? Are you alright?" Louis asked, his voice imbued with worry.
"Love." he got up from his chair, carefully wrapping his arms around Harry's body.

"I love your picture. I will take it home with me and I will put it on the fridge. It will remind me of how talented omega I have."

"I am sorry. I don't know what's wrong with me. I am happy your picture turned out so great, I am sorry."

"Maybe it's the new medication? Don't be sorry, don't apologize." Harry's eyes ticked back to Louis' empty chair and his beautiful drawing.

•••
Currently it was something around five. Harry dozed off so Louis was just sitting there with his phone in hand, checking his emails. Unfortunately he had to go back to work tomorrow. He didn't like it at all. He wanted to see Harry the first thing in the morning, but he knew it wouldn't be possible anymore.

From now on, Louis had to wait till he will be done with work in order to go visit Harry. That meant on some days he would only get the chance to see him for few hours.

Thoughts were running through his head like arrows.

Exams that he hasn't checked yet were waiting home on his desk. Why didn't he bring them here with him? He could work while Harry was asleep. Then there were also new exams to prepare and some worksheets as well...

"No." Louis could hear Harry say.
He got up from his chair, walking over to Harry's sickbed.

"Harry?" he whispered. As he realized the boy was still asleep. He smiled sadly at him, leaning down onto his bed.

Louis stared into Harry's calm sleeping face, reaching out with his hand to caress his hair.
He kept playing with his curls for some more time. When he decided it was enough he gave the boy a long peck onto his forehead and removed himself from the surface of his sickbed.

"Don't go." he could hear a whisper when he made few steps in the direction of his chair.
"You were awake." Louis said in amusement.
"Not at first." he rasped in response.
"I began to wake up when I felt- your- your lips." he turned around, returning back to Harry.
"You liked that?" he asked him provocatively.

Harry's response consisted of him blushing madly at Louis' words.
"I would- I would like another one." the green eyed boy stared down, onto the white sheets of his sickbed, while his cheeks kept heating up.

Few seconds later he could feel Louis' warm lips pressed against his forehead and his stubble teasing his smooth skin.
"Will give you how many you want."

——————————————————————————
A/N
Hello everyone, I am here with another chapter. Hopefully it was alright.
I hope you are doing well.

Make sure to do something nice for yourselves.

Take care, I love you!<33

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜