2

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

<2>
not a mustache!

    PETUNIA WAITED FOR HER parents to fall asleep as the day was beginning to end. And because of her previous promise, she was invading her closet for warm clothes for early January — knowing that in just a few hours, she would be meeting her two friends, and possibly Amber, if she decided to show.

Her clothes were spiraled on top of her bed, mismatching with her other options — and Petunia frantically looked for a jacket that would match, hating the limited choices she had.

Though, as she felt like giving up — Petunia opted for a simple outfit, realizing it would be dark anyways.

The lights still illuminated outside of her room — indicating that her parents were still awake. So, to pass the time, Petunia simply tidied up her room — starting to prefer it over her messy side. Though, as she began to remake her bed, she stopped.

Her golden ring, that had been inaccurately stating her emotions for the past month, was caught against her blanket — twisting it around. And Petunia curiously peaked closer, now noticing a small inscription that laid on the inside.

cigam krad hguorht detcennoc

"Cig— am in krad—" Petunia tried to sound out, "Kig ham, what?"

Reading it again, her lips followed each and every letter — trying to think of any possibility. She couldn't. And she grew annoyed at the fact.

Though, as the familiar sounds of walking sounded outside her door — then seeing the light soon flickering off, Petunia's mind completely switched — leading a small smile to paint her face.

Patiently, she waited just a moment longer, waiting to hear their bedroom door to shut. And once it finally did, the blonde quietly locked her door and switched off her lights.

Placing a small pillow under the sheets, making it look like she was sleeping soundlessly in her bed — Petunia nodded at her work, taking a small step back to admire it.

And then she looked at her open curtains.

    It was almost habit as she opened her window, placed her foot on the grassy patch, and peaked around the corner for Vernon Dursley.

And to her luck, his house was completely dark — meaning that they were fast asleep as well.

    Her calculated moves were used every second as she walked in the shadows — away from people's eyes, and followed each familiar road as they came.

    And just after a small ten minute walk, the thuds of Petunia's shoes against the concrete flooring came to halt — seeing her two friends in the dark alleyway.

     "I can't do it, man," Henry struggled out, awkwardly bending over.

       Petunia decided to not make her presence known quite yet, and quietly made her way over to the two — her footsteps being drowned out by Oliver's laughs.

      "Just like this," Oliver said easily. And Petunia had to cover up her mouth to hide her laugh, watching as Oliver touched his toes.

Henry stared at him wide-eyed.

     "Why don't your knees bend," He exasperatedly questioned, "My knees bend!"

    "To be fair," Petunia finally spoke, being startled herself as Oliver fell over, "I can't touch my toes either."

    It seemed to take them a moment to recognize the voice. But once they did, the two were quick to run to her direction — awfully screeching "Petunia!" as they pulled her into a tight hug.

Her nose scrunched at the smell of weed.

    Though, as the two pulled away, smiling down at her brightly — Petunia's eyes widened slightly as she finally noticed both Oliver and Henry's face.

She couldn't help but laugh.

      "You both..." She thought carefully of her words, "Decided to grow a mustache."

Their grins only widened.

      "You apparently did too!" Oliver joked, pointing at her upper lip (which Petunia
quickly slapped away). "Peach Fuzz."

She scoffed in return.

"I hate you."

__
there's still so much to this story — but i just tried writing an unedited possible ending for this book and i GENUINELY do not know how to feel lolll.
P.EVANS + J.POTTER