May (Part 4)

Daphne POV

  I blink my eyes quickly trying to get the images in front of me to go back into focus, but to no avail. "Something's not right, Chris," my voice strained and worried.

  "What do you mean, Daphne?"

  "My eyes," I say faintly still continuing to blink, now even rubbing over them with my fingers caring very little about my wedding make up. 

  Chris shoves his chair back, not quietly at all but to no ones notice since there's a lively party going on all around us. He offers me his hand as his eyes scan the room. I stand up as he places a hand under my arm to better support me. 

  "Daph, what's going on?" Oliver asks, noticing the panicked look on my face.

  "I'm just not feeling well," I assure him. "We'll call you later on, alright?"

  Hazel squeezes my hand. "Let me know if you need anything."

  I notice Chris nod his head towards Will across the room. He motions to him to meet us near the exit. "What are you doing, Chris?" I ask as Chris moves quickly.

  I now notice that Will is in uniform. "Can you open up the rig?" Chris asks him, moving closer to the door.

  "Sure. Everything alright?" We follow Will out to where the rig is parked, watching him open up the back.

  Chris jumps right up into the back of the rig, offering me his hand. I give him a look of disbelief. "I can't get up there."

  "Will?" he motions to his friend to help me.

  "Daphne sit there," he points to the bench across from the gurney. He reaches over and grabs a blood pressure cuff off the wall opposite of me. 

  "What are you thinking?" I ask as he puts the cuff around my right arm.

  "Uncross your ankles, sit back and breathe normally," he instructs me as he takes my blood pressure. 

  "How's your vision now?"

  My eyes go from the cuff up to my husband. "Still a bit fuzzy. Care to enlighten me as to what you're thinking?"

  "145/95," he says releasing a breath. "Do you know if your mom had any issues with blood pressure during pregnancy?"

  I shake my head, although unsure of the truth. "What are you looking for exactly?"

  "Will?" he motions to his friend to take a reading as well.

  "Am I invisible here? Can no one hear me speak?" I'm beginning to get more frustrated as the pain in my head continues to throb and no one giving me the actual attention I need for my questioning to be answered.

  "I've got 147/96." 

  I see Chris chew on the corner of his mouth, nodding his head. He reaches over lifting the bottom of my dress to reveal my feet that are still resting in the slippers. His teeth now run over his bottom lip as he looks back at me, letting go of the hem of my dress. "High BP, headache, blurred vision, swollen feet, ankles, legs," he pauses, lifting my hands, "and hands."

  "You want to go in?" Will asks him. Everyone still ignoring me. 

  "Not yet. I'll get her home, have her lay on her left side for a bit, chug some water and then check her over again." He jumps down from the rig, lifting his arms up to me. I shake my head no, instead sliding off the bench to the floor of the rig. I scoot my butt over to the edge, take his hands and then carefully slide the rest of the way down.

  Will locks the rig up behind us as we walk off back towards the building. "I'm gonna get Hazel to walk with you to grab your stuff from the bridal suite while I tell Hayden we need to go."