| viii ; blood and shadow

THWAP!

"17-0."

"Y/N..." Yuta said with a pout. "Can we take a break? You're just too good."

Y/N sighed as she leaned over the boy who laid on the patch of grass in defeat. "Only until you land a hit on me. Come on, get your butt moving."

Yuta stood up begrudgingly and got into his stance. He took in a deep breath and exhaled quietly as he waited for Y/N to attack.

Like a flash of lightning, her sword swung at his face right after. Letting his instincts take over, Yuta lowered his back, maintaining his position with his core. He got back up quickly, swinging his sword at her. Y/N blocked it just as quickly, pushing both swords with her strength.

Yuta didn't falter as well. He continued pushing against her, showing that this time he wasn't going to go down that easily. Once he saw an opportunity, Yuta pulled away, causing Y/N to fall forward. He quickly kicked her sword away from her hold and pinned her to the ground. He grabbed both her wrists and pinned them to her back with his left hand while his right hand placed a gentle hit against her head with his sword.

"17-1," Yuta said through pants. "I won. We can take a break now, right?"

Y/N smirked as she quickly moved, reversing their positions and stealing Yuta's katana. She let it drop onto his stomach with a thud, "18-1."

Yuta pouted again as he whined,
"This isn't fair."

Y/N did a little 'boop!' on his nose, earning a smile from Yuta. He pulled her close, causing Y/N to be shocked.

"Y-Yuta...?" She muttered. Her eyes darted from his eyes to his lips.

As their faces got closer to one another, their heartbeats began to grow faster. Just as the distance was about to close, they heard shouting from afar.

"No kissing in front of my virgin eyes!" Gojo shouted. "What do you think you're doing to my beloved student?!"

"S-Sensei!" Yuta exclaimed as Gojo pulled Y/N away from Yuta.

"Yuta, I never would've thought...!" Gojo let out an offended look.

"No, it wasn't like that!" Yuta quickly denied.

"Excuse me, I'm still hanging over your shoulder," Y/N muttered as she swung her legs.

"I must protect you from him, Y/N!" Gojo shouted.

"Damn it, Gojo-sensei. They were so close," Panda said from afar.

Maki clicked her tongue as she smacked the back of Panda's head. Inumaki nodded his head, earning a smack from Maki as well.

Y/N's lips pressed into a thin line as she waited for Gojo to put her back on the ground.

"The Goodwill event is tomorrow and you two are off kissing!" Gojo yelled. "How could you?!"

"We were not kissing," Y/N grumbled. Though I wished we did.

"We were training!" Yuta agreed.

"That does not explain the position I found you two in! Oh my dear eyes," Gojo whined.

Y/N smacked Gojo's head from the back as he let out a yelp. She pushed off him and finally landed back on the ground.

"Ignoring this... catastrophic event, I have come bringing some news about the Goodwill event," Gojo said. "Only you and Yuta will be participating."

"What? What about the others?" Y/N asked.