002. a new friend

during their walk, clementine had been talking like there was no tomorrow

during their walk, clementine had been talking like there was no tomorrow. denzel didn't mind it, he enjoyed listening to her talk about her interests and her life in general.

as she talked, he'd occasionally nod or give her a soft smile. it was clear to him that she enjoys talking a lot, it got him thinking; why is she telling him all of this? despite her being a total stranger, he appreciated being her personal diary.

he learned a lot just from the afternoon they spent together. he wondered and hoped that she could be his friend.

"well, this is my place. you didn't have to walk the whole way, i would've been fine on my own." she claimed.

'i want to make sure my friends are safe.'

"friend?"

denzel panicked and began to scribble over the word 'friend', which caused clementine to slightly giggle.

"hey, don't sweat it. we can be friends." she smiled.

he grew slightly comfortable enough to began glancing at her from time to time and wow, is she pretty. to him, he thought her smile could make someone's day, because it sure made his.

clementine had curly brown hair that reached just slightly below her shoulders. she was wearing a white tanktop with a red and black flannel over it, baggy jeans that were folded 'til the ankle with a thick black belt to hold them up, a single gold bracelet on her left wrist, many beaded and stringed bracelets on her right wrist, and red converse with little doodles and writing on them that were fading.

"can i borrow your pen?" she asked, holding her hand out.

denzel nodded slightly, placing the pen onto the palm of clem's hand, waiting for her next move. she took the pen and flipped to the page where denzel's been writing his responses and scribbled a phone number in big bold letters on an empty spot on one of the pages. she even circled it just to make sure he 'didn't forget'.