Chapter 26 : Gryffindor Castle

Chapter 26

FLASHBACK

When Harry came out of Lords Study he came out of Potter Castle where he went to apparition point where he touched his heir ring and muttered –

"Take me to Gryffindor Castle."

He appeared on a lane leading to a large castle that would not have looked out of place on the cover of a Muggle fairytale book. He walked up to the gate which promptly rose, allowing them to approach the tall wood and iron double doors.

Harry smiled and placed the palm of his right hand on the door like he had done at the vault in Potter Castle where their family sword was kept

The door spoke, "Who desires entrance?"

Harry replied, "I, Heir Potter, heir of Godric Gryffindor, demand entrance," the door swung open.

He crossed a beautiful courtyard filled with flowers and a fountain; and walked up to the doors of the entrance hall. He gasped in awe.

Smooth marble made up the floor, and gorgeous tapestries in every color imaginable and family portraits covered the walls. There was a twelve foot wide, marble staircase about fifty feet in front of them. On either side of the stairs were two halls which were also each twelve feet in width.

There were two sets of double doors leading out of the entrance hall, one on each side. There was a large chandelier to give light. It was obvious from that, that whoever kept the castle clean, also kept it up to date it when necessary.

The doors to their right suddenly opened revealing a house elf wearing a clean red pillowcase with gold embroidery. The elf froze when he saw Harry. "You-you is looking like the portrait of Master Gryffindor."

Harry smiled at the excited elf, "I am Harry Potter," the house elf squealed in delight.

"You is a Potter. You is my master. My name is Nob. I is Head Elf of the castle."

"Would Master like to meet the rest of the house elves now."

"There are more of you?" Harry asked in surprise.

"Yes, there is twenty of us in the castle." Nob snapped his fingers and nineteen more house elves appeared all wearing the same red pillowcase. "Their names are: Jinks, Milly, Dorry, Dib, Zell, Wog, Kiffy, Goom, Libby, Cubby, Middy, Hally, Figgy, Addy, Boon, Wib, Dilly, Tunny, and Bob. before there were nearly 35 but after Master Gryffindor's death our grandparents were ordered to maintain the castle Masters Heir returns "

"It's nice to meet all of you. I am Harry Potter you all have done a very good job in maintaining the castle I am sure Grandpa Godric would be proud of you" Harry said . This of course caused the elves to become rather teary eyed.

Nob asked, "Is there anything that we can do for you?"

Harry smiled and said, "Well actually, I haven't eaten since early this morning. We'd like some lunch, and a tour of the castle this afternoon."

"Of course, Master Harry, follow me to the dining room," Nob was very happy to have someone to serve.

Nob led him down the corridor to the left of the stairs. They turned down another wide corridor and entered the large double doors on the left. The dining hall was about twenty feet wide and fifty feet deep. It held a large mahogany dining table and chairs.

After a delicious meal of soup and salad, Nob gave him the promised tour of the castle. Besides the dining hall, there was a library, the kitchen, house elf quarters, formal parlor, sitting room, ballroom, potions lab, several offices and small parlors, and a dueling room all on the ground floor.