30 - Wakanda/Tragedy

We land in Wakanda a few hours later, and T'Challa and some other Wakandans meet us outside the jet.

"It seems like I'm always thanking you for something." Steve says to T'Challa as he shakes his hand.

"How big of an assault are we expecting?" T'Challa asks.

"I think you can expect quite a big assault." Banner says as he runs off to Steve and T'Challa.

I follow at the back of the group, watching Steve talk with the King of Wakanda, before James walks round the corner. Once he's greeted Steve, he walks over to me.

"Hi." He says awkwardly.

"Hey." I smile.

"You're not mad at me?"

"No," I shake my head, "I'm not."

"Good." Bucky smiles.

I go into the lab with some of the group and T'Challa's younger sister Shuri. Vision is set on the table and Shuri begins to work on getting the stone out of Vision's head.

"Can you do it?" Wanda asks Shuri.

"Yes," Shuri nods, "but it will take a lot of time."

"How long?" Steve questions.

"As long as I can get."

Just as I was about to point something out, a crash comes from the protective dome of the country.

"Something's entered the atmosphere." Okoye notifies us as her alert goes off on her device.

"We'll hold them off." T'Challa says and the group – minus Wanda and Vision – head outside again.

T'Challa gathers the armies of Wakanda and we all jump into their hover boats to head out into the field. All of us had changed into our suits beforehand to prepare for the battle. Sam and Rhodey are flying above us in their suits, while Bruce is using one of Tony's suit models.

When we get to the field, we gather into a formation as T'Challa, Steve and Nat go to the edge of the barrier.

"This brings back memories." I chuckle to Bucky.

"Yeah." He half smiles.

"Are you ok?" I ask.

"Sure." Bucky laughs, taking his gun off his back and holding it in front of him.

"Did they surrender?" He asks Steve when he returns.

"Not exactly." Steve sighs.

We watch as multiple ships land outside the dome, letting creatures free from it and run towards the barrier. T'Challa leads the Wakandans in their war cry as the opposition attempt to break through the barrier.

"What the hell?" Bucky and I question in unison.

Sam and Rhodey fly off from the rest of us and towards the beast looking things, shooting at them and trying to hold them back.

"If they circle the perimeter, there's nothing between them and Vision." Bruce says.

"We have to keep them in front of us." I say.

"How are we going to do that?" Okoye asks.

"We open the barrier." T'Challa says and continues the conversation with his sister who is up in the lab.

Once the barrier is opened, T'Challa signals for the fight to start and we all rush into battle against Thanos' weird dog creatures.

"Watch out!" I shout to Pietro as I skid on the grass next to him and get rid of the beast next to him, "you're welcome." I run off to help the others before he has a chance to respond. Soon after, the field becomes chaos. Our side are struggling against the outriders – what we've called the beasts – gaining casualty after casualty. Having the serum does help with stamina while fighting for a long time, but it doesn't always help, especially against creatures like this.