CH-1 My one and only Friend

One Naruto Uzumaki was packing his backpack. As he was doing so his left shoulder pulsed with pain. Naruto gripped his shoulder while muttering a string of curses.

"Stupid Curse Mark! Why the hell did Orochimaru place it on me instead of Sasuke? Wasn't Sasuke his original target?" Naruto asked as he dropped to one knee. His eyes widened, however, when he remembered Orochimaru's exact words.

-Flashback-

Naruto had managed to block the giant snake from getting a paralyzed Sasuke.

"Naruto?" Sasuke asked. Naruto then looked at Sasuke revealing that his hair was wilder than usual, his whisker marks were darker and bolder, and his once cerulean blue eyes were now blood red with slits for pupils.

"You okay, scaredy cat?" Naruto asked, quoting Sasuke's very same question that he asked during Team 7's first C-rank turned A-rank mission.

"?!" Sasuke watched in shock as Naruto easily pushed the snake back before jumping atop it's head and stabbing it's head with his claw-like nails and raking it down it's back as he ran at Orochimaru. As he neared Orochimaru, Naruto jumped off the snake. The snake summoner looked on with intrigue.

'Naruto has become quite powerful. Even more powerful than Sasuke and with Nine-Tailed Fox inside of him he could become even stronger.' Orochimaru thought. As Naruto descended on Orochimaru the sound ninja jumped back causing Naruto to hit the tree branch. Orochimaru then appeared on another tree branch as he smiled a crooked smile.

'The sharingan pales in comparison to the Nine-Tails' power. Heheheh, he will make a better vessel for me than Sasuke.' Orochimaru thought. Having made up his mind he formed three hand seals. Naruto quickly recovered and turned toward the tree branch Orochimaru was perched on.

"HOLD STILL YOU SNAKE BASTARD!" Naruto angrily yelled.

"Heheheheh, well done, Naruto. You passed with flying colors." Orochimaru said. Naruto gave Orochimaru a confused look.

"What do you mean "passed?"" Naruto asked. Orochimaru continued to smile his crooked smile.

"You have proven to me that you are superior to Sasuke. That the power of the Nine-Tails is far more powerful than the sharingan. So now I've decide to leave you with a gift." Orochimaru said. Suddenly, Orochimaru's neck extended before he reached Naruto and bit the left side of his neck.

"AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!" Naruto screamed in agony.