"Kaycee, you can't avoid the guy! Especially, after you guys shared a moment like that." Bailey told her friend sternly through the phone. Kaycee was currently sulking on her couch due to her self sabotage towards Sean. Once she got back in the car that day, she couldn't even meet Sean's eyes without wanting the world to swallow her whole.

Everything from his gaze to his gentle touch just made her want to explode. She couldn't get his words out of her head: unholy activities. Kaycee couldn't help but wonder if they were meant for "unholy activities". Her past relationship introduced her to the fears of being vulnerable with her body, as well as her mind. 

Anywho, she began to overthink and completely shut down. Obviously she wanted to assure Sean that he didn't do anything for her sudden change in mood, that it was all in her head, but in that moment it was as if her mouth were glued shut. So for the past few days, Kaycee began to distance herself from Sean. His FaceTime calls went unanswered, if they were, it was nothing over 5 minutes long. Kaycee would get flustered by the prominent adoration in his tone when he spoke to her. That's when she'd make the excuse that work was calling or her internet was having problems. Anything to escape the hold Sean had on her. As for his texts, her responses would be vague, extremely vague.

"Well what am I supposed to do?! Call him and say, 'Hey Sean, I ruined the vibe because I'm scared of the mere thought of being intimate with you.' Are you kidding me, Bails?" Kaycee exclaimed. Her best friend scoffed in her ear hopelessly.

"Listen Kayc, Sean really cares about you. I'm sure of it. Just talk to him! Don't push him away. He's nothing like-" She began to say, but Kaycee knew where she was going with her statement all too well.

"Yeah yeah, I get it." The brunette groaned. "I'll ask to meet with him tomorrow." She declared. Bailey's statement of approval was cut short when Kaycee heard a soft knock on her door. "One second!" She shouted, jumping up from the couch.

As she looked through the peephole, she saw a familiar head of black hair tied in a messy bun. Seeing Sean alone made a quick shiver go down her spine. The frantic girl leaned her forehead on the door whilst raising the phone to her ear. "Bailey, Sean's here. I'll talk to you soon."

"Okay! Don't get pregnant! Love you, muah!" She exclaimed enthusiastically over the phone before hanging up. Kaycee sighed heavily, letting the slightly chipped white paint on the door cool her forehead. She put her device in the pocket of her oversized beige hoodie, then unlocked and opened the door for Sean. He turned around, meeting her forest-like eyes. Instantly, a smile took place on his lips.

"Hey." Sean greeted her with a soft smile. Two strands of hair hung to frame his face, complimenting his dark orbs effortlessly. His skin glistened due to the slight mist of rain shower. Kaycee kindly stepped to the side to let him in to which he brushed past her calmly, giving her a playful nudge on the way in.

She closed the door behind him, leaning against it in a drained manner. "Hi." The girl replied sheepishly as he sat down a to-go box on her counter. "So, um, I honestly don't really know why I came. I guess I just really wanted to see you and before I knew it, I was pulling into the parking lot." Sean chuckled softly, a blush forming on his cheeks, causing his lover's heart to flutter.

"No worries. You're welcome anytime. You know that." Kaycee said with a small smile while locking the door. Despite the sick feeling in her stomach, she meant every word. She turned to him due to his silence, just to see him staring back at her in return. "What is it?"

"I couldn't tell if that was sarcasm." He said slowly, causing her to burst into laughter. "No, Lew, I'm serious. You're fine." She reassured him, looking down at her fidgety hands.

"Thank you, but I feel like you haven't communicated that very well: That I'm welcome." Sean stated, voice stern and serious. There was not one chime of amusement or playfulness. "You're not telling me something and to be honest, it's really fucking with me. I want to know why you're pulling away." Trust Sean Lew to be blunt, ladies and gentlemen. If Sean could tell her the root of his claim, he would but he didn't want to scare the girl.