K. Nanami - Happenstances (part two)

(Part two for a old ass chapter, but it's Nanami and anything for Nanami. Anyway, look at how sexy Christian Bale is goddamn.)

You scratch your head, flipping the page of the stapled stack of paper lying in your lap. It was abundantly long, and even more so boring. Nanami sits at the other side of the desk, writing up a report on his computer and fingers clicking away on the keyboard. It's calm, but you can't focus.

"Sir, would it be unprofessional of me to burn this stack of papers to the ground?" You ask, almost rhetorically, looking up with a look of remorse. His fingers don't stop typing, but his eyebrow twitches ever so slightly.

"Considering those are legal documents, it would do you more harm than good," is all he says, and you sigh at his notion.

"Would make day to day life a little more interesting, if I do say so myself."

"Oh," his fingers stop on the keyboard, and a few clicks of his mouse is followed by a hum of suprise. "The company's having a banquet."

You freeze, "You're shitting me?"

"Mandatory."

Your head falls unceremoniously over the back of the chair, a peeved grunt leaving your lips as you reserve yourself from muttering strings of curses.

"What day?" You say quietly, staring at the ceiling as if it will save you from the inevitable.

"Saturday."

You fake a sob, "why is it always Saturday? They take the one day of peace I have, the one. This is violating my eight amendment rights."

"At least as my assistant you can shadow me the whole time," he glances up at you, holding back a smile at the way your defeated posture emulates your hatred for the banquet. "Besides, I'm almost inclined to fake an emergency half way through that I desperately need your assistance for."

Your head shoots back up, and you stare at him with wonderment.

"You are... amazing. You are like bitter chocolate chips at three in the morning after I forgot to eat dinner."

"What-"

"Let me finish. You are a blessing, spawned from Zeus and somehow absent of all of his detrimental qualities, being a god while still being perfectly human. Oh how I could wax poetic about you for hours."

"Y/N, as much as that would be entertaining, we do have work to complete."

"Ugh."

"Also, it's this Saturday. So you might prefer to prepare. So that you have time to make yourself fancy."

"This Saturday?! That's fuckin' tomorrow!"

----

Nanami adjusts his bow tie, staring blandly at his reflection as he repines at the black tie attire. It's so... stifling. Not unlike him, but it goes a bit past his comfort zone. He picks up the small glass bottle on the vanity to his right, spraying two pumps of the cologne before running a hand through his hair and turning to exit the bathroom. He grabs his keys, wallet, and phone, stepping out the door and locking it behind him.

He tried to relax as he walks to the car, the fabric running across his shoulders awkwardly rubbing on his collarbones. It was tight, but was told that it was meant to be that way, something about accentuating his masculine physique. Not that it really matters to him.

The pants are the same way, tightening over his thighs as he sits in the drivers seat, causing him to uncomfortably shuffle to try and make it feel as if they're not one second from ripping. Nanami sticks his key into the ignition, turning it smoothly and pulling out his phone to shoot you a text.