Chapter 6: Starflower and the Letter

"Another dragonet is here," Starflower said.

"WHAT?! You never said anything!" Cherry yelled.

"It's none of your business who we...recruit...until they arrive." Pine said angrily. Then his expression softened. "When the time is right, you guys will know everything and why we are doing this." Pine said. Cherry started to walk away but Starflower stopped her.

"Cherry! Wait! At least stay and see who it is."

Cherry sighed. "Fine." she grumbled.

She stepped back and all of the sudden an orangish red dragon with yellow spots came tumbling out of the bag. She looked shy but also fierce.

I hope we can be friends. Cherry thought.

"Hi! My name is Cherry! What's yours?" Cherry asked. She gave a cheerful smile.

"My name is Amber," the dragonet growled, "and I will rip your head off if you ask me any more questions."

Cherry looked at her nervously and backed away. "Well umm I-"

"Now get out of my way!" Amber said, interrupting Cherry and pushing past Shard. They all exchanged looks.

"What?" Yeti asked. "She seems all right." They burst out laughing.

"SHUT IT!" Amber yelled. Amber glared, causing them all to stop. The guardians poked their heads into the hall. Stonefly and Snowstar looked angry while Pine and Starflower looked worried. Amber looked ready to pounce. Then, five things happened all at once.

Amber leaped at Yeti. Stonefly ran forward knocking over several things including Shard. Cherry ran backwards into the wall. Pine turned a nasty

shade of red, and leaped over Stonefly with a yelp.

Pine pulled Amber backwards. She snarled viciously. Yeti backed as far away as far as he could from Amber. Cherry sighed. Shard got up from the floor. Starflower pulled them into a nearby room.

There was something on the bedside table.

"What is that?" He asked, leaning over to touch it. Starflower backed up, crashing into the table. It must have to do with us, Cherry thought unpleasantly. She looked down, displeased. Suddenly she heard a crash and looked up. Yeti was holding a folded up scroll with a name on the outside, Queen Aqua. Starflower was on the floor holding her leg, a deep red shone in her scales. All the adults were staring at Yeti with wide eyes. Yeti quickly shoved them out (including Starflower), and unfolded the scroll. They ran into their room and shut the door behind them. They laid it out on Shard's bed. It read:

Dear Starflower,

For the last time, I cannot and will not give you Blackpearl. I know you claim that you don't want her for her powers but I do not believe you. She is my niece, and therefore has royal blood. Even though I despise her I cannot give you a royal dragonet. She has told me things that I can't let her tell anyone else. I'm sorry if you needed her for some so-called prophecy. Today I have moved her. If you come looking for her, you, and anyone who tries to help will perish in a most horrid way.

Yours Truly,

Queen Aqua of the Seawings

P.S. I don't know anything about this Boriel you speak of. But I do not care about any dirty blood Seawings. She would not have been welcome in my Kingdom.

They stood there in silence, looking at the floor. Starflower barged in, looking for the letter. Then, she laid eyes on the bed. She ran forward and seized the letter.

"Abhorrent, abominable, awful, contemptible, despicable, detestable, hateful, heinous, loathsome, reprehensible, odious children." Starflower muttered before tossing them a glare and leaving.

Cherry ran deeper into the underground cave trying to get as far away from Starflower as possible. When she reached the lake she saw Shard and Yeti right behind her.

"We- should-not-have - read - that," Cherry said between sobs. "Now - Starflower - is - mad - at - me." I have to make her proud. She thought to herself.

"No! Really?" Yeti asked surprisedly. "What makes you say that?" He smirked.

But his sarcasm was lost on Cherry, and she replied, "She called us mean names in alphabetical order..."

Shard grabbed his tamarin from where it was dangling on his tail. He handed it to Cherry. Suddenly and quickly a scavenger dropped down from the cave ceiling with a sharp pointing stick. It proceeded to run at Cherry and kick the monkey.

"No hurting Snubby!" Shard shrieked as he attacked the scavenger. The scavenger stabbed Shard, but Snubby bared his teeth and bit the scavenger. Shard threw the scavenger into the wall and covered him with flamesilk while clutching his shoulder. "I'm fine," Shard said between breaths.

Then Amber raced in, followed quickly by the guardians.

Snowstar spoke first. "Are you okay?" He asked Shard.

"I'm FINE OK," he screamed, giving Snubby some fruit. He strugglingly flew up to the cave and wrapped himself with bandages. He went back up to the cave and started tending to his lemons. Cherry followed and sat next to him and thought, Is Shard ok?

Starflower stepped forward and opened her mouth to speak. "You guys have to steal from the Seawings! Surprise?"

Sorry this chapter was kinda confusing. Just let me know if you need clarifications. 

Thanks for reading and happy surprise update!