Chapter 19

Haise Pov

"You're finally awake." I said to the Cupid that shuffled on the spare bed I have in my base.

She looked around, slightly alarmed by her surroundings.

"Easy there, you were out like a candle for a few days straight. Were you that overworked, to be out like that?" I asked. Handing her a cup of water.

She hesitantly gazed at the glass of water. Unsure whether or not she should take it.

"Don't worry, it's not poisoned, or anything." I reassured her, which she reluctantly grasped the cup with both hands. And drank like an abandoned straggler in the middle of a desert.

"Woah, easy with the drinking. Might choke yourself." she didn't listen.

"W-Where am I, who are you?" Ah she's stuttering. It's admittedly adorable. Ok stop right there you criminal scum!

"You're in my home. You kinda passed out when I tried talking to you, and no! I didn't kidnap you. I couldn't just leave you there lying on the ground when no one seems to notice you." I hastily explained, making sure I get straight to the point before she starts pointing fingers.

She scrutinized me fore little while, before her face brightened with a blush. Making her look away from my gaze.

"S-Sorry, it was my first time talking to a Human." Ah, I guess I was right with the Social Anxiety.

"Well, that's understandable to a point. Anyway, are you feeling alright? Nausea? Headache? Anything?" I asked, making sure she is actually alright.

"I-I'm fine. Thank you for your concern." She finalized.

"Alright then, Think you can stand? If not, I can bring you food. Better get something in your stomach quick, Les you might get sick." I chuckled, to which she only kept quiet.

I sighed, fine then. I'll just ask Grey to bring you your food or something. Maybe... No, if I ask Liliana. She might pass out at seeing the Fifth born Daughter of the Demon Lord. That also includes Deonora.

"I'll take that as a no. Alright then, just sit still and I'll send someone who you might be willing to get comfortable with." She nodded, and I stood up from the stool and walked out the room.

I got down to my Kitchen where Grey and her sisters are enjoying my Red Velvet Cake, I recently just baked alongside Liliana, Deonora, Sapphirette, Paula, and Kirsche. While the rest of the Dark Ice Flowers returned to Lescatie. But these two were tasked by Druella to be Liliana's personal guards for the time being.

"Well, she's awake. A little awkward but I suppose that's normal." I said as I entered the Kitchen.

"Really? I honestly expected her to be asleep for at least, two more days." Sapphirette rolled her eyes.

"Oi! I didn't do anything alright? Not my fault she has crippling Social Anxiety... Poor girl kept shaking while we conversed, and her voice sounds forced." I explained yet again to Sapphirette, who ignored me and resumed eating her slice.

"Maybe I should go and bring her food, you know. To try and ease her?" Liliana suddenly suggested, which I immediately said no.

"Yeah... No. I'd rather not have her unconscious again, thank you very much." I sarcastically rolled my eye at her, causing to her pout. Which is adorable, makes me want to pull her cheeks. Fuck, I feel like an old man thingking that.

Wait a minute, where's Ricky and Calla?

"But on another note, where's Ricky and Calla?" I asked, and Grey's ears perked up.