►danser avec un autre frère

*re-edited*

Marie wanted nothing more than to not attend Lady Danbury's ball, knowing Benedict would be there. She didn't know if he would tell everyone, but she assumed he would because of his horrible attitude towards her. 

"Ma'am is there something bothering you?" Bea requested, wondering why her mistress was so fidgety and anxious. "It is nothing, Bea. What am I wearing tonight?" Marie replied, letting her face be showered with soapy bubbles. Bea finished her hair in the next quarter of an hour and chose a dress, suitable for the occasion. "Merci, Bea," Marie thanked as she waved her off, the carriage taking her towards Lady Dunbury's ball. 

► Marie's hair

► Marie's hair

► Marie's dress

► Marie's dress

►►►

Marie pranced around the ballroom, introducing herself to more people than her mother would have accepted. Marie's mother was a hard woman who believed her daughter's only role was to marry so France would be led by a strong, politically aligned man. And Marie would be damned. 

Many suitors asked her to dance, which she politely had to refuse. Lady Danbury caught wind of this, walking over to Marie intimidatingly with her large cane. "I have heard about your dancing reputation, only take an interest in girls? Or is it Bridgerton's you favour?" The elder lady smirked, her wrinkles protruding from the corner of her eyes. "I am waiting to dance actually, waiting until later," Marie grinned, her French accent prominent as she spoke. 

Marie hummed to the tune the violins played, sipping on a coral-coloured cocktail when she noticed the Bridgerton's enter. She smiled as Anthony let Daphne walk off to enjoy dancing with suitors. 

Marie's eyes landed on the man close to her who was sporting a red jacket. "You always had to stand out didn't you, ever since we were children," She walked over to the man who turned. The Duke of Hastings' doe eyes lit up when he saw his childhood best friend dance over the floor to him. "Well, I never! When was the last time we saw each other Rie?" He laughed, bowing to her.