Chapter Fourty One : Midnight Conversations

A/n: I was hit with another burst of inspiration at 10pm, so this chapter will also be a bit longer than normal. And I just know you guys are going to like this one ;)

Hope you enjoy!

Y/n's POV:

"Y/n, y/n, y/n!" A voiced chanted repeatedly, hurrying down the stairs towards the lounge where I sat.

I sighed. "Yes, yes, I can hear you! What is it, Callum?" He had decided to interuppted me mid-bagel, so he wasn't going to get a happy response from me. Nuh uh.

"Oh Merlin, Y/n! You'll never believe what happened between me and Oliver yesterday." He began.

I could tell where this was going to go, so I quickly put my hand up to stop him. "Before you continue, I must warn you that I am now legally charging you for my services. At least one chocolate frog is required, more is optional." I said, placing my bagel down and holding out my hand to him expectantly.

Callum groaned, searching around in his pocket before tossing me something. I held the half-melted chocolate frog in my hand and internally groaned. Cheap skate. "I'm only letting this slide because you're my oldest client." I said, patting down the seat next to me. "Now tell me what's been going on."

Callum plopped down next to me, grinning happily. "Guess what."

"You are aware you're going to have to tell me soon, right? You only get ten minutes per chocolate frog."

"Since when did you get all business-y?" Callum asked, angrily taking out another chocolate frog and I greatfully took it.

"Ever since I became everyone's unofficial therapist." I took a bite and motioned for him to continue.

"Well, yesterday Oliver and I finally got enough alone time for me to explain everything."

"Aaaand?"

"And..." He passed from dramatic effect, "it's official!"

I dropped my chocolate frog in shock. "No."

"Yes."

"No!"

"Yes!"

"Oh my Merlin!" I jumped up, crushing him in tight a hug and cheered. "Finally! Oh my gosh, I would not have physically not been able to handle the slowburn any longer."

"I know, I know! Oh spirts this is so much to take in. I have a boyfriend now. That's so weird to say!"

I laughed. "Oh I am so going to tell Percy about all this." Then, I paused, the realisation sinking in.

Percy and I where still not on speaking terms. We weren't angry at eachother or anything... I don't think... but we hadn't exactly had the time to talk it out either. It was just plain awkward between us now. I need to talk to him soon, I thought.

I coughed a little in hopes of covering up some of the awkward silence, forcing all those thoughts and feelings down before challenging Callum to spill more information. "Sooo... how did you ask him? Or did he ask you? Was their kissing?" I wiggled my eyebrows and Callum laughed.

"Oh my god Y/n, you're so weird." He said.

"I know, it's great isn't it?" I grinned, but not letting him off the hook just yet. "Sooo? Are you going to tell me what happened or..."

"Oh, right!" Callum said. "Oliver was actually the one who asked me out. I'd told him about how I'd had a crush on him for a while but everytime I tried to let him, I always chickened out. So he probably figured out that as much as I wanted to, I probably wasn't going to have to guts to ask him out. So... he did it! Even if it was with a cheesy Quidditch pick-up line."