twenty seven

"well you're healing up good"Shoko says as she wraps up Toges wound, since he had lost his left arm when he was in Shibuya.

She sat back down on the chair in front of him and said "how are you?"

He looked up at her and he knew what she was asking about, toge raised his hand and put a side thumbs up.

"So-so?"Shoko repeated.

Toge nodded and rubbed the spot where his arm should be, he hasn't seen Norie since 3 weeks ago. When she bought all the teens snacks from the business trip she and Gojo had went too.

Well, not only snacks. Norie being Norie, she showered the teens with all the gifts she could find. Shirts, stickers, figurines, a bunch of pens since for some reason she really liked them, especially the way they wrote.

Gojo being himself, he was dramatically telling her how sad he was that she didn't buy him anything but after the "argument" of him acting like a child she went and bought him reusable chop sticks, which he cried about since he doesn't know how to use them.

But he used them as drum sticks, sometimes  roasting marshmallows, and after that he went to get his and Norie's initials burned on.

Toge placed his hand down and he looks up at her and says "Cherry?"

Shoko frowns but said "you wanna see her?"

Toge nodded and she smiled lightly before patting his head. They walked out of the room and Shoko led them to where Norie had been staying. If she were being honest, it's been getting more colder in here. She wasn't sure if it's because of Norie's body temperature effecting the curse energy or it's just Shokos imagination.

"Do you want to be alone?"she asks as she reached for the door knob.

Toge thought for a second and nodded, she nodded herself and Shoko opens the door, she let him walk in while saying "I'll be in the other room, just knock if you need anything okay?"

He nodded again and she closed the door, Toge looked back and noticed the glass box, the curse energy was moving around like waves on the water as she laid peacefully inside. She was paler than usual, her cheekbones we're more visible as her eyes seem sulked in.

Toge tapped on the glass softly and rested his chin on top, it felt warm but knew that maybe it wouldn't last long.

He wanted to look away since it was making him get this feeling of despair in his chest, but he couldn't. He never imagined seeing her like this, let alone dead.

But he wanted to see her, and this was the closest he'll get to being in her presence.

Toge had also got informed about the percentage on the screen and noticed it had went down, though he didn't put much thought into it and decided to focus back on her.

He reached his hand up and taps on the glass.

"Cherry..."Toge whispered as the soft tap echoed through the room.

He heard the beeper making him furrow his eyebrows in sadness knowing that the number went down.

Toges eyes watered and he says "Cherry" a bit louder.

He was trying his best to hold it in but he know he couldn't, but he hated holding in his tears anyway.

Toge let the tears fall, rolling down his cheeks as it landed on the surface. His vision was getting blurry as more came flowing out, he wiped his eyes and shakingly reached for the mouth covering he had, he grabbed the zipper and pulled down.

He stared as he shakingly breathed, trying to control his emotions so he would focus. Toge opens his mouth as he was hesitant to speak. He heard himself struggle to let out a syllable, he was cursing at himself to do it.

Toge leaned closer as his lip quivered, his soft cries making him struggle to breathe.

He had hope in his eyes, if he could command others to do things, this shouldn't be as much different. It just had to work. Toge sighed and backed away, no, how would it. He sat back down and sulked down, he continued to stare and his heart jumped when he heard the beeper again.

Toge couldn't bare to look, he'll end up feeling much worse, feeling so horrible for Megumi. He only had her, and to think that he'll be alone if she doesn't end up making it made him grip his knee.

He looked down and felt his chest hurting from the pressure, Toge had to try, how would he know if he doesn't try. It's the least he can do, for his friends, for Megumi.

Toge looked up again towards Norie and his face was scrunched up in overwhelming emotion, his nose was red and his eyes were too. He had to do it.

He opened his mouth and spoke in a whisper.

"Norie-sensei..."

Toge choked on a sob as he was having trouble to continue, he dropped his head again, it was hurting to much that he just wanted to leave.

He hiccups as he continued in the same tone.

"Please..."

Toge gripped his knee harder as it shook and trembled, he suddenly looked back at her and said "wake up..."

He felt the weight leave his shoulders as he waited. Toge waited to see if her chest would raise up,  if her eyelids would move, a finger would twitch. A single breath.

But just like he expected, nothing.

He sighed softly and zipped up his mouth covering, he stood up and placed his hand on top of the glass again.

"Cherry..."he whispers.

Toge let his fingers drag across the surface as he made his way out of the room, Shoko saw him walk pass the door making her stand up and quickly go to the door looking at him from down the hall.

"Toge!"

The boy stopped and looked at her, she saw his eyes which made her back up and says "nevermind...go home and rest. I'll keep you updated"

Toge stared and only nodded his head before turning to leave again.

"Oh come on! Make him wedgie himself!"Gojo pleaded Toge while shaking his shoulders.

"Tuna"he only said.

"Please! I've been dying to do it but Norie always catches me and sends me flying across the state-"

He yelled when he felt a fist hit his head, he rubbed it as Norie says "are you trying to make him wedgie my baby boy?!"

"Yes! I'm not gonna lie this time! Yes I want him to wedgie Megumi! It's on my bucket list baby!"

"Screw your bucket list, shove it up where the sun doesn't shine if you have too! Toge honey, just go meet up with your friends I'll deal with him"She says and pinched his cheek softly.

He walked away as he heard Gojo yell out, he turned to see Norie putting him in a head lock, trying to noogie his head.

"Baby please!"Gojo yelled.

Norie felt Toge staring making her look up at him, she gave him a closed eye light smile.