51

yoonmi was in the middle of battling with her chemistry homework when a notification lit up her phone screen

yoonmi was in the middle of battling with her chemistry homework when a notification lit up her phone screen. thanking whoever it was for the distraction, she quickly snatched it up.

jeno
i know i'm probably the last person
you want to hear about this from,
but about your friends...

yoonmi groaned out loud at the mention of joon and nara. she'd spent the whole day trying to forget about the situation and here was her ex boyfriend, ruining her efforts.

jeno
i really think they were just trying to look out for you. even if they went the wrong way about it, they were still trying to do something for your sake. i'm really sure they had no ill intentions and i can feel how much they care about you.

mimi
out of all people,
i did not expect this from u

jeno
i know, i understand why. but i really think you should give them a chance. maybe try talking to them? you don't have to forgive them but just at least hear them out.

mimi
why?

jeno
why what?

mimi
why do you think i should give them another chance?

jeno
because i know they didn't mean to hurt you, and it'll make you feel better to get some closure about the whole situation.

mimi
you're right, to some degree at least
the only way i can get over it is if i address it.
i GUESS i'll give them a chance to explain themselves. but if i don't like their reasoning, 
then i'm really done with them

jeno
see i knew you'd come around!
let me know how it goes, alright?

mimi
yeah whatever  🙄

she set her phone back down on her desk with a loud sigh. yoonmi's pride was a little too big to go back and initiate a conversation with people she told to leave her alone. it was embarrassing, but she reminded herself that she was only doing this for her own sanity.

she picked her pencil back up to continue her war with her chemistry assignment but was startled when she received another notification.

"who is it this time?" she mumbled to herself, picking her phone up again.

hyuck
i've been thinking about this whole situation with ur stinky college friends (that you didn't even tell me about until AFTER YOU TOLD JENO) and i have a few things to say

yoonmi's eyes widened upon reading his message. this is such a strange coincidence, she thought to herself, watching the little typing sign.

hyuck
at first i thought you should end this whole thing gracefully but i don't think they deserve that
you should cuss them out
and then never speak to them again

mimi
idk hyuck
that sounds a bit severe

hyuck
uhm what they did to YOU was severe.
they literally had no business or right to interfere in your life. who are they? your parents?

mimi
i mean, you do have a point.

hyuck
you know what, even if they were your parents, that still wouldn't make it okay.

mimi
but i already sort of did that?
i was thinking about hearing them out instead, actually

hyuck
what? that's a horrible idea
they're just going to go on and on about how they did it for you when it doesn't matter because that's not what you wanted.

as much as she was swayed by what jeno had said earlier, yoonmi had to admit that hyuck had a point. why did she have to forgive them when they'd wronged her and then lied about it?

after those conversations the girl was left feeling even more conflicted about what to do. glancing back at her unfinished homework, she sighed before closing her notebook and flopping onto her bed.