Chapter XII

Sad chappy 

________________________

Merely after an hour, Elias started to stir awake. Opening his eyes fully, he took notice of the position they were in. Elias had his arms around Angel's waist and his head laid on her chest, tucked under her chin. Angel had her fingers woven in his hair and her chest moved up and down gently with every breath.

He picked up his head and just admired her beautiful face. She looked ethereal with the descending sun pouring its orange and pink rays down on her. She was the most mesmerizing view he has ever seen and couldn't believe he had her in his arms at that moment. It all felt surreal to him.

He started lightly running his forefinger on her cheekbones, still admiring her beauty. When he reached her chin, Angel started to wake up and opened her eyes, which were still hooded with sleepiness.

"Hi," Angel whispered in a raspy voice, that did wonders to Elias's body and stretched a little bit to relieve her sore muscles.

"Evening, beautiful," Elias whispered back, looking straight into her eyes.

"How long did we sleep for?" She asked with a little yawn, which contagiously caused Elias to yawn as well.

Laughing a little, he answered "just an hour or so".

"What do you want to do now?" Angel wondered, snaking her arms around his neck.

"Do you mind coming with me to the graveyard? It's been a long time since I visited and I feel like they're angry with me." Elias asked with a somber look in his eyes.

"Of course, I don't mind, Elias. You want to go right now?" Angel answered quickly.

"Yeah, if you're ready?" he replied.

As an answer, Angel got up and started putting on her shoes. She looked back at Elias and noticed the way he looked at her with admiration.

"Come on, sleepyhead, lets go," she said and tugged on his hand.

They moved in sync, cleaning up the living room table and getting ready. After 20 minutes, they were ready to go.

Descending the stairs, Angel remembered the flowers she had in her car.

"Oh shit, wait I've got something for you," Angel exclaimed and went to get the gazanias from her car.

"What are you talking about? You didn't have to get me some-" Elias's voice cut off when he saw his parents' favourite flowers in Angel's hands.

"I know how much they used to love these, so I thought I'd bring some with me," she said with a sheepish smile.

"You're absolutely amazing, thank you," Elias whispered with glistening eyes and hugged her for the second time in a day. But this time, he clung to her like his life depended on her.

"You have absolutely nothing to thank me for, Elias."

"I have everything to thank you for, beautiful," he said, holding her face between his palms and giving her another kiss on the forehead.

"Now, let's go and see my parents," he said, "let's go," she replied back.

They got in his impala and set out on a road to the graveyard.

---------------

Roughly an hour later, they were both standing, with gazanias in their hands, in front of the joint graves of Elias's parents.

In memory of the friends, the lovers, the parents.

"They say love beyond the world cannot be separated by it.