Ch 17: Not Drunk Enough.

A/N:...was planning on updating earlier today buuut...I had my hair done and then was invited to a drag show.

Yes darlings I chose drag queens over you.

Id say sorry buuut...I do love drag its a beautiful form of expression and art.

ANYWAYS!! let the next chapteeeer.....BEGIN!

~~

Calla POV:

    Well over one-hundred he said, don't worry he said, I'll stay by your side he said.

    Bull flipping shit, I have been standing here alone counting vampires for the past hour and let me tell you well over was the biggest understatement ever. and having to smile at every leach that happened to become interested enough to approach me was not my idea of fun.

    none of them ever said a word when they did, all they'd do was offer an expression of either disgust, curiosity, or approval and then touch me. Some of them played with my hair murmuring to themselves about the color, others looked around for the scar that would tell them if they could have a taste. Greedy little bastards. Others would look at my clothes and compliment Kaden on how wonderful he was to buy me such a things even though he wasn't fucking there! Needless to say...I was not having fun.

    He had run off to talk to some important people among all these important people and told me to stay, told me he would be right back.

    that did not happen.

    He didn't even tell me what would be okay while he was gone.

    Looking at the other pets who were either standing tied to something by their leash or following their 'masters' loyally I tried to figure out what would be okay and what would piss someone off.

    I haven't seen a single one take a drink, so I didn't drink.

    I haven't seen one eat, so I haven't eaten despite Kadens promise of tons of food I had never even dreamed of.

    No other pets were dancing, so I didn't dare...Not that I had a partner anyway

    Letting out a soft sigh I looked around for him, pouting a bit when I didn't see him. Why did he even let me come to the ball if this was going to happen? Why bring me here just to leave me?

    Every now and then another pet would glance at me something flashing in their eyes that I didn't understand.

    Oddly enough I found myself tracing the scar on my wrist, it was strangely comforting remembering that this little mark had shifted our relationship, even if we wouldn't admit that anythings changed out loud.

    I went back to vampire watching, they were all so fascinatingly perfect...well save for the trapper that is he was large...most likely purposely so. Still even he was eerily perfect after that , each and every one of them had perfect hair- usually darker even when they were blonde due to lack of sun-, perfectly slim bodies, and stunningly elegant walks.

    Kaden was the least perfect vampire in the room yet they all seemed to respect and admire him in some way. '

    I wondered if they would feel the same if they had known how close he had come to sexually assaulting his pet.

    Well...more so than he had at least.

    They would probably still see him as the great Kaden Dawson but I would be a horrible succubus slut or something.

    I let out a small confused sigh.

    The vampire community wanted perfection but so easily admired Kaden, the man with two different eyes and a blazing red stripe in his hair amongst other imperfections.

    I wondered if they knew about that scar down his chest.

    His perfectly sculpted, pale, chest.

'    I flushed remembering the coolness of his skin against mine as he held my quivering form in his lap, the way his muscle felt under my finger tips for even a moment.

    That man was such a contradiction. He was handsome and he knew it but chose to ignore it, he could be perfect but thrived in imperfection, he was so forward with his words but secretive with his mind.

    He sees me as a pet but treats me like a lover.

    I just didn't understand him, but could anyone say they did?

    I was broken from my inner turmoil by a tap on my shoulder, my eyes widening in surprise, "Gwen?"

    The tall, willowy vampire shot me a playful grin, "looking good Calla! sooo pretty I'm jealous."

    I smiled a bit and thanked her quietly, complementing her on her beautiful copper gown that seemed to pool around her like liquid metal.

    Shooting me a sly smile she giggled, "The flower arrangements are gorgeous aren't they?"

    I looked around at the flowers confusion furrowing my brow until I realized what Gwen was talking about.

    Calla Lilies.

    I looked away and cleared my throat lightly, a tiny blush coloring the bridge of my nose, "yeah I suppose they are lovely."

    The vampire giggled again, "Gabriel pointed them out first..Kaden wasn't very happy that my brother made the connection."

    I grit my teeth, "there is no connection, it is a common flower."

    She was quiet for a moment before abruptly bending to whisper in my ear, "don't worry Calla, whatever is going on with you and Kaden I won't tell...I think a little bit of flower power would be good for him." She winked at me before clapping her hands, volume returning, "Anyways your master wishes to see you!"

    She dragged me off before I could even think to respond.

~~

    "Are you hungry pet?"

    I looked up at Kaden then at the other vampires around us, picking my words carefully, keeping my voice as docile as I could, "If master allows for it, some food would be lovely."

    His lip twitched down a bit but gave me a pat on the head, handing me a plate full of interesting food.

    Ignoring the intense need in my stomach I ate slowly, "thank you my lord."

    He gave a tense nod in return.

    I wondered if he was okay.

    I tugged his sleeve when no one was looking, peering at him up through my lashes, my voice barely even a whisper, "Is something wrong?"

    He looked at me for a long moment before shaking his head.

    I pursed my lips, not believing him, "have I done something wrong? am I not playing the part as pet well?"

    His eyes ran over me before he slowly cupped the back of my head, leaning down as he tilted it up.

    I could smell the expensive alcohol on him.

    His lips brushed my ear with every hushed word, "You play the part of a submissive well my pet, very well. But I think I would prefer your fiery personality here." He seemed to think for a moment, "They only place I would truly be pleased with you being submissive is the one place you will never be."

    I looked up at him thoroughly confused.

    Was he drunk?

    I tried to process his words, realization dawning on me suddenly.

    Ooooh.

    Oh!

    ....oh my god.

     I stared at him wide eyed, my whisper becoming sharp, "oh god you are so drunk."

     He rose his glass of who knows what, "not drunk enough my little flower. Not drunk enough."