chapter 4

L A S T N I G H T

Clearing my throat, I shift my weight onto one foot

"You need to leave before I call the cops because one, my dad is unemployed so you being his colleague is complete bullshit, and two... you're just really annoying," I say and his eyes drop down to my legs.

He slowly scans up my body and suddenly I feel a little self conscious.

He stands up and I immediately grab my robe to my left. I throw it on and he puts both hands behind his back.

"Where's my father?" I ask looking towards the door and then back at him.

"Donuts for days," he stops walking, looking completely lost. "Whatever that means."

I couldn't help but smile at those words.

"The princess smiles," he teases and my smile immediately disappears.

"Okay, enough with the pet names," I frown, looking at him in annoyance.

God, he's annoying.

"You gonna tell me your real name?" he asks and I scoff.

"Hard pass," I fake a smile. "I'd rather not be in one of your weird fantasies," I say and he narrows his eyes at me. "Or on the list of your 'next victim'."

"Princess it is. And you think I'd fantasize about you?"

Like anyone else would want him.

"Oh I'm sure with your charming personality and kind, loving demeanor, women line up at your door," I say making my sarcasm known and cross my arms over my chest. "Wouldn't be surprised if I'm the first girl actually interacting with you."

"You're a mean little one, aren't you?" he says and his eyebrow shoots up for a second and clearly he finds it amusing.

At the accusation, the tone of his deep and husky voice, my stomach tingles.

"Yes. I am," I spit back and his top lip twiches into what I think is a smile but I highly doubt it.

He continues walking towards me and it feels as if my feet are glued to the floor, preventing me from moving.

"There's no way my father let an asshole like you, into our home," I shake my head. "You're mean and your face - although handsome - is as stiff as a board," I cross my arms over my chest.

"You're brave to call a man an asshole when you're standing half naked in front of him, alone in a room," he says and I scoff.

"Yeah, and you're stupid to assume that I'm afraid of you," I lift my chin, staring up into his eyes. "And also, maybe its 'cause you're not really that intimidating," I shrug my right shoulder.

Yes he is! Shut up!

He simply raises a brow at me and I swallow hard.

"Oh really?" asks, eliminating the space between us.