Chapter 8 - Night-Out

Dick's POV

Blueberry has been with us for the past few days, almost a week. And with us being the incognito vigilantes of Gotham and her staying with us, it has been..rather challenging for us to go out at nights. And if I didn't know better, I'd say Alfred is tired of watching over her and distracting her. And it's not like we could bring her along even if we wanted to.

Her current power levels are still unstable or so Lil'D says because of their 'connection' but some of her powers are getting better and she is able to use them. But..if I'm being honest, I don't mind bringing her along because with a meta-human on our side, defeating villains will become relatively easier. Plus, Jaybird and Timmy also want her to come along and Bruce isn't disgusted with the idea.

In fact, Lil'D is the one who's opposing the idea because he'll have to watch her. But from my point of view, he's more worried about her safety than worried about blueberry being a 'distraction' for him. They have become rather close over these past few days. Sometimes when I pass her door, I'd hear her singing and she's pretty good.

Though Jaybird was always a fan of her music which encouraged me and Timmy to listen to some of her music as well. And she had quite a following and even more songs.

~Nettie and the Miraculers:
Nettie - Blue Viper - Drake-Fencer~

I'm guessing the other two are the ones who came at least a month ago to question Lil'D about blueberry. They must be really good friends if they did all of that for her and not even tell her parents. Kagami Tsurugi, Luka Coffaine, both famous and well known in their own areas of interest, but even more famous as their alias.

Bruce: Boys, we're getting ready for patrol. Let's hurry so we can get back before Marinette loses interest in Alfred's ploy.

Damian: What is Pennyworth doing that she is so occupied with?
~~~~~

In the Kitchen:

Marinette: Hmm, Alfred these cookies are delightful! How did you make them!?

Alfred: Trade secret, mistress.

Marinette: Well maybe I can make you something now. My uncle is a culinary chef and he's taught me some of his dishes.

Alfred: I can't wait to try them.
~~~~~~~~~~

Jason's POV

We soon got changed into our uniforms and left the batcave to explore probably the most dangerous city in the world. We swung, jumped, and propelled from building to building until we stopped after Batman halted.

Red Robin: Is there..a problem?

Batman: That building, there was something inside. Let's go check it out.

Like that doesn't scream danger. I sighed following the other four. We entered the building through the air vents and landed in a big, spacious office. We searched the area entering yet another air vent and got to the middle floor where Bats saw the figure moving. It was a store room filled with file drawers, large cabinets and old boxes which contained books from... 7 years ago.

Then a foul stench wandered into the room and I wanted to barf. It smelt like the sewers. Wait..- The sewers... Then that means it can only be... Killer Croc. We all turned around to see the huge mutated crocodile man standing behind us. He swung his tail and we dodged while he instead knocked over some of the filing cabinets and boxes.

We scattered across the room, Nightwing pulling out his birdarangs, Red Robin readying his staff and demon spawn drawing his sword. We fought him but with his size and strength we were outmatched. I pushed Red Robin out of the way but ended up being slammed into the wall. Croc came running up to me when...

COLLISION!!

A figure with a glowing hand punched Croc into the drawers and shelves all the way to the other end of the room. He went crashing into the window scurrying off, going up the stairs. I looked up to see... Pixie-pop? What the hell was she doing here? She bent down with a hand stretched out to me.

Marinette: Need a hand, Jay?

Red Hood: Uhh..Thanks. How did you..-

Marinette: It wasn't that hard to figure out that you guys were the vigilantes.

Red Robin: But, how did you get into the building?

Marinette: Duh, I teleported. I-It took a few tries..- B-But I did it in the end. You're welcome.

Robin: We didn't ask, nor need you help. Go back to Pennyworth and sit you nosy little butt down.

Marinette: I will most certainly not, Birdie.

Batman: Marinette, this isn't a question but an order. Go back to the Manor. Now.

Nightwing: Look, we know you were just trying to help but this isn't exactly the place for a girl with unstable powers. Please we just don't want you to get hurt.

Marinette: Maybe I should've mentioned this before but... If I use my powers once then it'll take about 5 minutes in order for me to recharge my energy... So, it looks like I'm stuck here with you guys. *smiles*

Robin: What.

Tikki: Sorry Damian but we kinda forgot that part in the explanation.

Plagg: But it's a good thing that you know now. It'll make it easier for you to keep your 'fiancé' in check. *smirks*

I don't know what was going on but it looked as though demon spawn was...Blushing... He could do that!? Then he started shouting at the air while Pixie started laughing. What was he doing?

Marinette: Sorry we got caught up with the kwamis.

Red Hood: Wait, demon spawn can see them?

Robin: If you must know, they have gifted me with their sight.

Marinette's POV

While the brothers bickered I saw Nooroo floating over by the passage where he ran off. I went over to him and went over to the next room which led to a flight of stairs. I found Bruce or should I say Batman near the stairs.

Marinette: You found anything?

Batman: Nothing that's important for the moment, but I have a feeling that Croc isn't here alone.

Marinette: Now that you mention it, I did see someone down on the lower floors when I teleported. The attempt I made before actually getting here, I was at the top of your building when I saw a shadow moving on the bottom level. He was actually on his way. But he soon disappeared as he probably went to the center of the room. He looked like he was taking his time too.

Batman: Center..- Wait, what floor was it last on before you teleported in to save Red Hood?

Marinette: On the middle...floor. Oh Sh*t!

A sudden realization flooded my brain as I looked at Batman. He ran back to the boys with me not too far behind. "We need to get out of the building! There's a..-" But before he could finish, an explosion was set off and the building was going down. Bits and pieces of concrete bricks and debris were flying everywhere.

I couldn't see a damn thing. That's when I heard my name. I found the kwamis and I soon spotted the guys a few feet below me. "Wazz.." "But Marinette, My power isn't fully restored for you yet!" "Well, It's Now Or Never!"

SHELTER!