CHAPTER 89. The Dragon Inside Me

I have good and bad news, all in the same message. Updates might be slower, because I want to get back to some of the books it put on hold.

Three Ways To Live, and Little Rain, my rewrite.

Sooo, feel free to check those out, Three Ways To Live was actually meant to be book 1 in a series, and this be book 2, there are a lot of things said in this book that point to the main plot in Three Ways To Live, and Raven is actually in that book.

Welp, that's all I have to say, along with the suggestion of checking out Three Ways To Live if you haven't yet.

Also, for this chapter, Raven once more brings up things from her past, that you might consider old news, but I'll just point out that it was very traumatizing for her.

"Raven, I could see you, you weren't alone," Aaron promised as he brushed my hair. I made a sound in my throat, stubborn as ever.

"But I couldn't see you," I insisted and couldn't help but close my eyes in delight at the feeling of the brush in my hair.

The brush paused for a moment before he continued, standing behind me as I sat on the bed, in pajamas after taking a long bath. "Noah said something to me," Aaron said slowly. "I don't know if you're up to sharing right now,"

I frowned. "What about? What did Noah say?" Butterflies filled my stomach, nervous about what he could be bringing up.

"I- it's nothing," Aaron pulled away and I looked at him as he put the brush on the dresser beside the bed. "Are you ready to sleep?"

I shook my head and reached out, pressing my face into his stomach. "No, then you'll leave,"

Aaron reached down and cupped the sides of my head, lifting my face up. "Raven, I'm not going to be leaving the house, you won't be alone."

I frowned at him. "Where will you be?"

Aaron paused for a moment, thinking. "I'll be in my office, I have some things to finish up, then," he paused and brushed hair from my face. "It will be just you and me tomorrow, and we can do whatever you want."

I smiled a little - almost shyly. "Just me and you?"

Aaron kissed my nose. "And maybe the puppies, if you want Joe to bring them to the house?" He asked and the flush came back to my cheeks.

"I'd like that," I murmured bashfully. Aaron smiled and stroked the top of my head.

"Then be a good girl and go to bed, you need rest, you'll feel better in the morning," He told me, voice stern. I shook my head and held onto him for dear life.

"Let me come with you, please?" I begged, holding onto the sleeve of his shirt. "I don't want to be alone, I'll be scared,"

Aaron sighed and ran his eyes over my face. "Alright, come on then," he gave in, and I smiled in delight, wrapping a blanket over my shoulders as I hopped out of bed, grabbing his hand.

"Yeah!" I cheered and walked beside him happily, eager to snuggle up with him. Aaron's lips lifted as he opened his office, enjoying my enthusiasm.

He sat in his chair - and I quickly found my way into his lap, head resting in the crook of his neck as he pulled the office chair forward, clicking into his computer.

The blanket was soft against me, and I found my eyes closing, lulled by the sound of his breathing, and the typing of his fingers. "Raven," Aaron called in a hushed voice, and I hummed my acknowledgement. "River says you're scared people will leave you sometimes,"