Chapter 4: Do You Really Care?

Rae pov

Today has already been a rough day.. My mom and I had got into an argument and haven't forgiven each other yet, we don't get along so well to be honest, especially after she divorced my dad everything just seemed to change drastically.
Today I woke up late, I was pretty grumpy, and so was my mom, we got into an argument and then she just dropped me off at school. I was greeted by Isaiah who was by himself.

"Sup Rae?" Isaiah spoke, he glanced at me, and my moms car who was just leaving, "What's up with you and your mom?"
I chuckled and nervously, not really wanting to talk about it. I spontaneously moved a strand of hair behind my ear, "you noticed already?"

"Of course I did," he rubbed my back, "you're like my best friend, how could I not notice?" He grinned, and butterflies swarmed my stomach.

"We just got into a lil' argument, that's all." I shrugged and continued walking with him.

"Come on, it is a blessing, and a curse that I know when you're troubled."

I laughed, "really, that's all that happened.. but I might be stressing out because I'm failing almost all my classes though."

"Shit, really? That's tough."

I clicked my tongue, "sure is, I just need to make time in my day to do all the missing work, you think you could come over today?"

Before Isaiah could respond to me, a boy can up to me with a rose in his hand, and was suited in a white tuxedo. He looked flustered, and he extended his hand out to me, gesturing to take the beautiful flower. I looked at Isaiah, hoping this boy wasn't gonna do what I knew he was about to do. Isaiah smiled mischievously as I collected the rose from the boy in front of me and I looked at him concerned, "May I help you..?" 

He gulped and pushed up his glasses, he also pulled out a small paper and began reading from it, "R-Raechel, ever since I laid my eyes on you I-I haven't been able to feel quite the same. M-My heart beats faster every single t-time I glance.. Or, gaze at you. A-And I just wanted to ask you i-if you wanted to-" Before he could finish his sentence, Asher popped out behind him and shoved him to the floor.

My eyes widened in shock they did that so flawlessly, they laughed hysterically, and gained a crowd around us. I could hear others laughing as they circled, or were just passing through the halls. "Come on guys.." I spoke, feeling guilty for they boy on the floor.

"No!" Isaiah gasped for air, as laughing so hard took his breath away, "The timing was too good!" I rolled my eyes, whatever was happening was not funny. I looked down at the boy and the laughing grew. I grabbed the boys hand and pulled him up 'till he was standing sternly on his feet, he looked me in the eyes, "So will you-"

Realizing what he was about to do, and not wanting him to get embarrassed again, I just cut him off straight away, "I'm alright, not really trying to date anyone right now." 

"Come on!" He angrily shouted, "What does this guy even do for you?" He said pointing to Isaiah, "I could do way better." He insisted.

"Sorry I said-"

"Yeah dude," Isaiah cut me off, "she said no, so why don't you just shove off?"

The boy, slightly scared walked away disappearing into the crowd that had been formed, and was followed by some people who were recording.
I sighed and parked myself at my locker, "Now was that necessary?" I said as I leaned on the metallic and squeaky door, smirking at Isaiah.