¹²violin

JUNE
CHAPTER TWELVE
"violin"

─────────────────

y/n was in her living room, strumming on her bass guitar as she stared at nothing in particular. it was another sunday, and the girl was absolutely bored out of her mind. she was supposed to go to eren's house as that was where they usually stayed when practicing. they had quite a lot of songs that they were going to play for the cultural festival, so they needed to practice as much songs as they could. 

she was waiting on jean, as the two agreed to meet up at her house before heading on. the two lived near each other, hence why the two would walk together to school (unless either of them has other plans in the morning). eren, mikasa, and armin lived in the same neighbourhood, so it wasn't a big struggle for them to get to each other's houses. sasha and connie lived in between the two distances, which was less than a ten minute walk to their school. 

she had already called the boy on his whereabouts, and the boy replied saying he would be at her house in five minutes. that was fifteen minutes ago.

so y/n was currently waiting, bored out of her mind.

until there was a knock on her door. thinking it was jean, she got ready to yell at the boy upon opening the door. however, once she did, she stopped upon seeing a delivery man standing there, a rectangular box in his hands. "delivery for l/n y/n?"

"uh yeah, that's me." she mumbled cluelessly. she hadn't ordered anything online, yet she was receiving a package. "um, may i ask where its from?"

looking at the device in his hand, he answered her. "yeah, it was delivered from (home country)."

her eyes widened upon the answer, widening even more upon reading who it was from. it was stated on a sticker on top of the package. clearing her throat, she took the package from him, after signing her name. "alright, thank you."

closing the door, she made her way towards her living room, setting the box down on her table. grabbing a knife, she cut the tape open as she held the box in position. however, she was somewhat shaken up. she was on edge about what was inside the box, as it couldn't have been sent by anyone else except her parents.

they hadn't contacted her in over a year, so the unexpected package caused her to grow anxious. too focused on this fact, she had accidentally cut the side of her thumb - as it was in position of the tape. blood was immediately drawn out, a deep, thick cut resonating itself on the side of her thumb.

hissing at the pain, the girl immediately let go of the knife, grabbing a tissue from the tissue box on the table. as she wrapped the tissue on her bleeding finger, a knock was heard. "yo y/n i'm here- holy shit!"

the boy immediately dashed to her side, as the blood immediately spread on her hand and dripping down her arms. jean didn't spare a glance at what was laid on her table, as he grabbed a couple of tissues and wiped the blood.

as he did so, he assisted her to stand up, leading her to her kitchen sink and washing the pouring blood away. "how the fuck did you cut your finger?! holy shit why is there so much blood?!"

chuckling at his reaction, she answered. "it was an accident. was too shocked i guess."

his panicked eyes looked at her neutral yet wincing one. "shocked about what?!"

she then turned her head to the box on her living room table, jean following her sight of direction. it wasn't long until the blood stopped pouring out of her hand. jean had grabbed her first aid kit, applying cream and wrapping her finger up with bandages.