Not as Easy as 1, 2, 3

Lance McClain, a lucky kindergarten teacher, was currently trying desperately to take off bright red paint off his apron. He glared at the student who threw the bucket of paint at him and he scolded him while putting him in the time-out corner. He sighed to himself while trying to wipe the paint off with a wet towel,"Dang it, and it's almost pick-up time. Thank god I have an extra." He reached out for the blue apron with a monogram stitched on to it.

Lance McClain

He laid out the apron and put the new one on. He immediately looked at himself in the medium-sized compact mirror he held with him at all times. His face turned red with embarrassment as he saw his flawless tan skin stained with small droplets of paint. He quickly wiped it off. Suddenly, a little boy wearing a cowboy costume had his hands in his belt and walked up to Lance. His bottom lip stuck out like a pout and he wiggled his eyebrows, Lance noticed he had a blade of grass in his mouth,"Howdy, Mr.'Ance." He said, with his speech slightly slurred from his western accent. And baby voice. Lance chuckled,"Howdy, Pete. How about you get started on packing up for the day. Hmm?" Pete grinned and nodded (very awesomely in his opinion) and walked away. Lance felt a tug on his apron. A little black girl wearing the fluffiest pink dress and crown was standing there with a toothy grin. "Mister Lance, can we have tea time while you do my hair?" The girl held up two broken pink rubber bands. Lance chuckled again and grabbed new ones from his desk. He had been a teacher for two years now and knew what to do. He had his ways. He quickly managed to do her hair and told her she was wrong. Tea time was tomorrow and it was packing time. The bell rang and Lance's face grew warm. He checked himself in the mirror again, smiling like an idiot.

A lovesick idiot.

30 minutes passed, parents picked up their kids and they went home. A young blonde woman came running, her yellow heels as she hurried with red cheeks. She was a single mother, but very kind and hardworking. Her name was Heather MacNamara(I'm sorry Heathers fans...) Her green eyes laid on Lance and her cheeks became even redder. "Hey Lance, sorry for being late." Lance just smiled,"No problem, Ms.MacNamara. Pete was just getting ready." Pete came running towards his mother," Mommy, Andrew said he was Buzz Lightyear, he's my enemy now." Heather sighed," Petey, in the movie, Woody and Buzz become friends in the end." Pete's eyes widened,"Wait, really?" Heather laughed,"He's seen that movie three times and has made it half way. He falls asleep in the end all the time." Lance laughed along with her,"Can't blame him." 

Heather was about to say something else but then was cut off by a loud car engine of a red Ferrari pulling into the parking lot. Lance's eyes widened and gleamed, his smile growing bigger. Heather grabbed Pete's hand and left, walking away with a knowing smile. But Lance's blue eyes focused on the handsome young man stepping out of the red car.  He wore a black suit with a red turtleneck, suitable for the fall weather. His long black locks were pulled into a small ponytail as he removed his sunglasses, revealing rare violet eyes. Totally not a trick of the sun or a mirage. Lance knew that for sure considering how much he stared into them. The man walked up and his red lips formed into a small smile," Hey Lance." Lance beamed,"Hey Keith. Picking up Andrew I suppose?" Keith nodded and he watched Lance wistfully with a blushing smile as Lance turned around to call for Andrew. Lance slightly flinched seeing the small boy. He looked similar to his father, black hair, but he had normal black eyes and tan skin compared to Keith's paleness. Probably his mother. His other married mother. It hurt sometimes to know Keith was married, he barely looked at his hands to avoid seeing the ring.

 Little did he know.

He only ever saw it once, in the year he has known Keith. He never looked at it to spare the pain. Andrew was a reminder already. But Lance didn't hate Andrew. He never could, he loved him as if he were his own.

It just hurt sometimes.

But Lance was oblivious sometimes too.

Andrew threw himself into Keith's arms, his thick black glasses bouncing and almost slipping off his nose. Keith laughed,"Hey buddy! Ready to go home?" Andrew nodded his head vigorously,"Yup!" Keith chuckled,"Are you ready to tell your dads what you did in school today?" Andrew grinned,"Mhm." Lance's heart did a double take. Dads? Keith was....gay? But what happened next utterly destroyed Lance and his poor bi heart.

"Uncle Keith, why are you still single?"

Uncle.

Single.

Uncle.

Single.

UNCLE?

SINGLE???!!

Lance probably would have fallen face first on the ground if he wasn't leaning on the doorframe. Keith blushed and glanced at Lance while looking away instantly,"Andrew-" Andrew suddenly leaped out of Keith's arms like a fucking dear and walked over to Lance, tugging on his blue jeans. His black eyes shimmered with something different and new now and with pure admiration,"Mister Lance, are you married?" Lance raised his eyebrow,"No-why are you-"

Suddenlly, Keith regretted everything he said and did and all the life decisions he had made. He tried desperately to stop him and keep his little mouth shut, but Andrew turned to his uncle right dead in the eyes and said in a loud voice..

"He says he's not married, Uncle Keith!!!" 

Keith's face erupted into flames and he groaned in embarrassment, forgetting that he and his nephew were not alone. "Andrew, we talked about this. It doesn't matter if Lance is single, he probably wouldn't say yes if I did ask."

"Ask me what?"

Keith hated himself when he saw Lance's shocked blushing face. But even then he couldn't have been more beautiful. "Fu-I mean damn it. I don't- I mean-crud..I like to-hmmm-I-I" Keith cursed himself for stuttering so badly but Lance stopped him, his blue eyes to the ground and his cheeks in a beep burning flush. He bit his bottom lip and glanced at Keith's hand.  His left thumb had a ring and there was no signs of a wedding band. He saw it wrong. Lance flushed even deeper, his voice low and timid as he kicked a tiny pebble," I'm busy on weekdays but my Saturday nights are usually free. He then bravely looked at Keith with his gorgeous blue eyes and beamed at him. Keith's dumbstruck face turned into his idiotic smile. "Yeah, that'd be...nice." The idiots stared at each other lovingly and Andre witnessed it all with a proud grin.

"Come on, Uncle Keith. Stop making goo-goo eyes at him and take me homeeeeeeeee." Keith and Lance snapped out  from their trance and laughed. Keith took Andrew's hand and led him to the car, but not without looking at Lance and smiling briefly. Once out of sight, Lance relaxed and clutched a hand to his beating heart. He sighed dreamily and walked into the classroom. He looked down and almost screamed, the little black girl princess staring at him with shining eyes,"Mister Lance *GASP* you're in LOVE!!! I need to help you for your date!!!" She grabbed his hand and started to clip his hair with pink clips. Lance was too lovestruck to bother her. Her parents arrived and she left, leaving Lance alone with a smile as he looked down at his phone with a message from Keith.

Keith Kogane: So...Saturday night?"