3 | Dos Oruguitas

Doodles by me! This is the concept I have for Abuela Juliet. 

Sorry for this chapter being so late... A lot happened. First, the surgery, then my aunt died, and not a week later, her sister died, so... yeah. It was a very rough time. Thank you for being patient.

On with the story!

The sun was setting, it was getting darker, and thus, colder outside of the Encanto. They knew that they had to get the two children, Aletia and Emil, into town quickly. They knew Aletia wouldn't be able to take the change in temperature in her condition, neither of them could. Even now, they were shivering slightly due to a simple breeze.

Luisa held them tighter, trying to use her large arms to give them even a little of her warmth. To her delight, both snuggled in just a bit closer to her, Emil burrowing between her and his sister in a tiny little ball. Aletia held him tighter, wrapping her arms around him more.

It was as if it was a natural, instinctual thing to make sure that her brother was secure and comfortable. As soon as she settled him again, they could hear the little guy's mumbling. "Te quelo, Leti... zzz..." The baby said, pronouncing it a bit wrong but still having his little smile as he drifted back into slumber.

It was so cute how he always called her by her pet name, it showed how close they were.

"Te quiero más, mi luz, forever..." Dolores heard her whisper. Luisa was also able to just barely hear it too because she was holding both of them. Dolores looked at Luisa, Luisa to Isabela, Isabela to Mirabel, and then all of them at each other.

They made a very serious decision at that moment.

"We are keeping them, they are precious."

Luisa was overwhelmed with the urge to adopt these kids. Both Aletia and Emil were teeny compared to her, and every fiber of her being was screaming "protect" and she was going to listen to it.

"All of us are, hermanita." Isabela nodded. She gently brushed the stray hairs out of Aletia's face

"It's unanimous, prima." Dolores was all in. Aside from the coincidental name that slipped from Aletia's mouth, these two were too precious to not keep.

"Yep, absolutely." Mirabel was in on the adoption, too. Was it weird to adopt someone almost your age? Surely it had to be. Did she care? Nope, not at all.

It was decided. And it was in this state of mind they made it back into their beloved Encanto.

Meanwhile, Camilo and Antonio had rushed to Casita to give their family the news. On their way, they also told the people that an emergency case was coming through and not to crowd the main road. They had to make sure that the girls' journey back to the house was unhindered, and the townspeople were happy to comply.

They were just as worried for the young ones on the mountain. Encanto was a very social town, so word had gotten around quickly.

Soon enough, they got to Casita. Immediately, they noticed that something was off.

"Casita, you good?" Camilo asked. Everything seemed to tremble slightly, but the air wasn't heavy with dread like it was before. He didn't feel anything wrong with his gift, so it wasn't candle troubles again... No, if anything the candle was glowing brighter than it had.

So, what was going on?

His Mama and Tia met him in the lobby area, the worry in their eyes clear, "Everyone okay? Where's everyone else?" His Mama asked, checking both him and Antonio over as gray clouds hovered over her head.