[11] yello

[11] YELLO

Elise stared up at Stiles, her eyes scanning his over and over. She hadn't said a word as he'd explained to her about a whole other world, it seemed, going on right under her nose.

⠀⠀"Y-you're serious," she muttered, more to herself than him.

Stiles crouched down in front of her quickly, "Yes, I promise. That's the truth. All of it."

⠀⠀"Scott's a-a werew-"

Abruptly, Stiles pushed a finger to her lips, hushing her with a bunch of frantic 'shh' noises. Elise pushed him away halfheartedly.

⠀⠀"So, it wasn't Derek Hale in the school."

⠀⠀"No, I mean, we're not entirely sure of his status at the moment anyway. Alive, dead, unconscious, sleeping - who knows?"

⠀⠀She put her head in her hands and groaned. "Any moment now, I'm going to wake up, back in my old town, in my old bed."

⠀⠀"Hey, I wouldn't have told you if I didn't think you could handle it or I didn't trust you." he assured her. "Maybe you should-"

⠀⠀"Stiles Stilinski, why aren't you with your dad?"

Elise's dad strolled over, hands in his pockets, eyeing Stiles warily. In one hand he held a cup of steaming coffee which he handed to Elise and in the other, his hand rested on his gun.

⠀⠀"Oh, nothing-I was just-just leaving. See you tomorrow." Stiles rushed to his feet, somehow tripping over himself, before leaving to find the Sherriff.

⠀⠀"Dad," Elise moaned, "I'm trying to make friends, you know?"

Matthew came closer and placed a hand on his daughters shoulder comfortingly.

⠀⠀"I know, El, I just think after this you don't need any distractions. Maybe you should take some time off school? We can organize for a home tutor-"

⠀⠀Elise gawked at him, "There's no way in hell I'm being home schooled, dad."

⠀⠀"Well you're taking a day or two off. Are you sure you feel okay? You don't have a headache? Or feel sick?"

⠀⠀"Dad, we were held hostage inside a high school, not exposed to an infectious disease." She guffawed, staring at him somewhat incredulously.

⠀⠀"I know pumpkin. Let's just go home, okay?"

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀

Elise had been lying on her bed, staring at the ceiling since she'd woken up, not moving, only contemplating last night's events. Everyone had gotten a notice that school would be closed for two days due to repairs being made and the area being investigated.

Her mind whirred thinking about all the fairytales she'd ever been told. Were all the stories true? Or was it just werewolves? It wasn't long until she got a headache.

After dragging herself into the bathroom to get some aspirin, Elise returned to her ringtone, Fall Out Boy's Sugar We're Going Down Swinging, playing loudly from her phone on her bedside table. Caller ID told her it was Stiles, and she grabbed the phone.

⠀⠀"Yello?"

⠀⠀"Yello? What does that mean?"

⠀⠀"I don't know. I just say it a lot - yes and hello - yello. What do you want, Stilinski?"

⠀⠀"I was just, uh, j-just checking you were okay." he fumbled for words.

Elise walked towards her window and looked out, right into the window of Stiles' room where she could see him pacing around.

⠀⠀"I can see you loser."

She nearly dropped her phone laughing as she watched Stiles jump out of skin, spinning around to the window and tripping over his bed.

⠀⠀"H-hey! Don't scare me like that." he groaned, getting up and rubbing his head. "Anyway, I was also wondering if maybe, I don't know, if you'd wanna come over to mine?" he asked, rubbing the back of his neck.

⠀⠀Elise grinned, her eyes trained on the floor so he couldn't see. "Be there in five."

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀

⠀⠀"I hate this game." The boy curled up on the couch next to Elise moaned, slamming his hands against the Playstation controls aggressively.

⠀⠀"You're only saying that because you're losing." Elise cackled as if right on cue, Stiles' characters head was blasted to pieces.

⠀⠀"Exactly."

Stiles' living room felt strangely more homelike than her own. Even though it was owned by a father who was never home, and a son who probably had hygiene low down on his list of priorities, it was pretty neat and cosy. Elise had her legs kicked up on the coffee table where Stiles had gotten out crisps and drinks for them, and a selection of various video games.

Suddenly, he paused the game and turned around to face her, his legs crossed and his hands cupping his cheeks, like an attentive child.

⠀⠀"Do you wanna talk about what happened?"

She blew a strand of hair out of her eye wearily, "What is there to talk about?"

⠀⠀"C'mon," he sighed, shuffling closer to her. "You gotta have more questions?"

Elise wracked her brain quickly, all questions she'd thought of only hours ago getting lost in the jumble of junk inside her mind.

⠀⠀"How did Scott turn?" she decided.

⠀⠀"The alpha bit him."

⠀⠀"Who's the alpha?"

⠀⠀"We, uh, we don't know." He hesitated, looking sheepish.

⠀⠀"Is Derek Hale on our side?"

⠀⠀Stiles scoffed, as if sharing an inside joke with himself. "Debatable."

⠀⠀"This is all so... Overwhelming? Ridiculous, scary, daunting..." she huffed, running a hand through her hair and checking the time on her watch. It was nearly the evening. "Could we, like, go get some food?"

⠀⠀Stiles' face practically lit up, a smile growing on his lips. "How could I ever say no to that?"

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀

it is I !
the queen of crappy fillers !

sorry I've been so inactive but school sucks and I've been super busy :(