chapter 21, work

***

***

waking up and getting ready early in the morning sucked. honestly made me wanna jump off a bridge. but i can't do that, i have Pearl.

my only reason to not jump out the window. love her.

i got up and changed into jeans and sweatshirt. my job didn't really require a uniform. it was more of whatever you felt like wearing that day.

and if you're wondering what my job is, well it's nothing special, just helping out a family friend with his bookshop.

it was huge. it looked almost Victorian. i brushed my teeth and started curling my hair. Pearl came up to me meowing she was pushing something on the floor.

Chris's hat.

i chuckled and let the piece of my hair fall from the straightener.

i grabbed the hat and chuckled. "you miss him?" i asked.

Pearl just sat there, her big blue eyes staring up at me. she cocked her head to the side a little and i chuckled as i scratched her head and smiled.

"you're lucky your cute." i smiled as i stood back up and began curling my hair again.

Pearl waddled off and i saw her grab a toy and jump on my bed and started playing with it. keeping herself occupied.

i finished my hair and put on my makeup. i sprayed on some perfume and put on deodorant. i closed my bathroom door and grabbed my shoes and bag. as i was about to leave i made sure Pearl have fresh food and water and i had cleaned out her litter box last night, so she was fine about that.

i sighed and walked up to her. she looked up at me now not playing with her toy anymore. i scratched her neck and smiled.

"i'll be back." i said. i leaned down and kissed her head. "love you." i said and she put her paw on my cheek. i smiled and chuckled. i pulled away from her and grabbed my keys. "bye Pearl!"

she meowed in response. i walked outside into the hallway and closed and locked my door. i walked down the hallway and into the elevator.

i walked past Sam and said hi to her. she told me good luck and i thanked her and walked into the parking garage to my car.

i started it and pulled out, now starting my drive to my new job. so exciting.

***

i parked in front of the library. still the place was so old and beautiful. it was white marble and it had carving of angels and greek goddess on the outside. the place was modern but victorian at the same time. i was so nervous.

i walked up the front steps and pushed the revolving doors. i walked inside and the smell of books and cinnamon filled my nose. it was warm and comfortable.