Chapter 10

Dear family,
The last few days have been extremely difficult without you and I miss you all so much. It's been crazy here so far. I made friends with Amity Hatton, but she is leaving the selection now. She had an awful experience watching one of her maids get hurt by a guard. I tried comforting her, but she still wants to go home. I too have had some weird experiences so far, but I'll try to stay here for as long as I can. I hope everyone is doing well, but I have to finish writing now. I have a dinner to attend soon to meet the royals!
Hugs and kisses,
Emily.
(P.s. I will be on the report Thursday night so be sure to be watching!)

I worked on writing the note to my family and asked my maids to mail it for me. The dinner is going to start in 10 minutes and I am shaking with nervousness.

"Don't worry, Lady Emily. I'm sure the dinner will be fine." Karen smiled at me.

Karen is such a sweet maid, but she is also pretty shy. Chelsea is my main maid, which is why I'm always calling on her.

I sighed and checked the mirror one last time. I know I look beautiful, but I still feel like I'm missing something. Seeing Prince Ryan again is scary enough, but I'm also meeting his parents which makes way more pressure fall on me.

"Are you ready?" Chelsea raised an eyebrow.

"I think so." I lied. I will never be ready.

"Alright, we can walk you down if you'd like."

"No that's okay. I think I can find my way."

I doubt I could find my way on my own, but nobody else would have their maids walk them down and I didn't want to be the only one.

"Okay. Well have fun! Tell us about when you get back." They giggled.

I smiled and nodded at them. I had no words.

I started toward the door and took a deep breath. I look down the hallway to find Amity walking toward me in a stunning dark green dress. Her dress was silky and flowed down to her feet, outlining her figure.

"Emily! You look amazing!" She hugged me.

"Oh, you look even better! I love your dress!" I hugged back.

"Thank you!"

I suddenly didn't feel so nervous.
I followed her to the same dining room that we had breakfast in. Sitting at the ends of the table were King Jacob, Queen Marcy, and Prince Ryan.
My stomach sank.

Amity walked in front of me and curtsied before them, so I did the same.

My heart was ponding in my ears. I took a seat between Amity and Amelia, and smiled at Amelia.

We were not allowed to eat yet because two girls still weren't here. I looked around to figure out who was not here. Jessica and Hannah.

"Queen Marcy, do you remember entering King Jacobs selection?" Tammy asked.

She sat just a little ways away from them.

I was puzzled that she could just speak so direct to them, but seeing the way the royals looked at her, there was no doubt she'd be the royals favorite.

"Of course," Queen Marcy looked up to King Jacob, "it was a slow selection. There were 30 girls. I'm so glad that Ryan has decided to start with 10 girls instead. It will make things much easier." She smiled at Tammy.

Tammy looked so interested into their conversation as it went on, but I payed no more attention to it. Instead, I focused on Jessica walking in with a gorgeous navy blue ballgown dress.