Chapter 21

Chapter 21- Dragon Spirit

"So a Skrill is aggressive, powerful, and unsociable towards other dragons?"

"Yep, and they don't breathe fire. They channel lightning down their metallic spines, firing it from their mouths in a shower of destructive blasts,"

"So they tend to gravitate towards thunderstorms to have twice the power of regular lightning blasts,"

"Exactly, put them in water, it loses its upperclaw,"

"Right. Now, tell me about the Foreverwing,"

"The Foreverwing was possibly one of the first dragons every created. Blended in with trees and became part of the forests. Those dragons were reminded of me whenever I watched the battles,"

"These are so cool, and so many more questions! Now, so you mind if you tell me about y-"

"You two are really deep in thought in conversation," You and Izuku both jumped a little and turned to Uraraka, who was giggling are your reactions.
"S-sorry! It's just d-dragons are cool!" Izuku stammered.

"And it's fascinating to see human powers that remind me of home," You softly smiled. Uraraka smiled at that, but noticed a glint in your eyes, but before she could say anything, the next round started.

The round was with Iida and a female human named Hatsume.
"Iida has barely the same speed of a Skitterbug, a type of Skrill. However, Hatsume's eyesight is close to a Deadly Galeslash, a very rare species, only one in a million," You quickly whispered to Izuku, who wrote it down word for word.

The round began, and, well, let's just say it was very interesting. Hatsume had more fun showing off her inventions, while Iida was the poor lab rat for her. You decided that you feared this human, and would stay away from her as much as possible.

"Uh, Hatsume stepped out of bounds, Iida advances," Midnight coughed, seeing Hatsume walked out of the ring.
"Wow... Poor Iida," Izuku said, and you nodded in agreement.

Next round was Mina and Aoyama.
"Mina has acid like Deathgrippers, dragon eaters. Aoyama really reminds me of Deadly Nadders, a strange combination," You noted.

Round began, and Aoyama blasted the lasers first, where Mina slid with the acid to avoid the hits. After a while, Aoyama started to shake in pain, clutching his stomach. Mina then sprayed acid on his belt, and then knocked him unconscious.

"I see, so he gets stomach aches, Mina was clever on avoiding them and wear him out," Izuku mumbled, writing in two notebooks at once.
"Talk about multitasking," Ojiro mumbled, a little inspired by Izuku's quick writing skills.

Next round, Tokoyami vs Yaoyorozu.
"Now this match, I'm very intrigued," You grinned.
"How so?" Ojiro asked, who was now in the conversation.
"Tokoyami's power... it reminds me of my Da. I guess it makes me feel at home," You sheepishly said, tapping your fingers together.

Round began, and Dark Shadow came out, attacking first, where Yaoyorozu blocked it with a shield, and kept on getting distracted by Dark Shadow's attacks to make more. He eventually stopped, and Yaoyorozu was out of bounds.

"This round goes to Tokoyami!!" You gently clapped for him, feeling sympathetic towards the human girl however.
"Poor human, she didn't had a chance," You mumbled.

Next round, Kirishima and Tetsutetsu.
"Both remind me of Grunkles, round, but powerful beasts," You told the two boys. Round began, and the two fighters were evenly matched, reflecting moves.

Your ears twitched, looking over to see that Uraraka was missing, leaving her drink. You tilted your head, and got up to see if she was okay. Izuku noticed, and followed you.
"You think she's nervous?" You asked him.
"Who wouldn't when facing Kacchan?" Izuku shivered.

"I'm not, I would crush him," You grinned, making a Izuku nervous.
"I just don't want him to hurt you," He mumbled, opening a locker door to reveal Uraraka and Iida.
"Hey," You waved, walking in, and wincing at the suddenly smell of lockers.

"I'm next, it'll be my fight," Uraraka said with a nervous look on her face.
"It's be okay, Bakugo will surely hold back on a girl, right?" Iida tried to reassured her.

"No he would," Izuku bluntly said, making the two shiver.
"This is a race for the top, no one will hold back for anyone," You piped in, but placed a hand on Uraraka's shoulder.

"However, I know ye would do yer best, trust me," You gave her a reassuring look, making her smile a little.
"Thank you all, but now that I think about it," Uraraka stood up and walked to the door.

"Everyone is facing their future and giving their best, that means we're all rivals, including us. So, I'll see you in the finals," She gave thumbs up before leaving.

'Hopes are high, but will reality be the same?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The round started, seeing Uraraka and Bakugo in the ring.
'Even if Uncle Hookfang is insecure like him, Monstrous Nightmarea are still as dangerous and deadly as ever,' You leaned forward, on edge at what was going to happen.

"When it comes to close combat, he almost never has any openings. And the more he moves, the more he sweats, which makes his quirk more powerful," Izuku gulped, watching the arena.

"But if Uraraka manages to touch Bakugo, she can use her quirk to make him float, and send him out of bounds," He added in, making you look at him and looked back.

She then charged towards him, where Bakugo sent a huge blast, knocking her back. You furrowed your eyebrows a little, intrigued on what you saw. The clouds of smoke cleared to show that Bakugo charged at a jacket, where Uraraka was behind him.

Yet, it didn't work, and Bakugo sent her flying with an explosion. The class was worried, but you weren't fazed. Each charge she made, he didn't let her get back up. You admired how she was resilient she was, tail flicking around.

'Fascinating, I see what she's doing,' You thought, but then you heard humans in the crowd started to boo at Bakugo. You rolled your eyes at them, and smiled a little.
"I admire his tactics," You said, and someone the classmates turned to you in shock.

"How could you say that (Y/N)? What he's doing is unfair and dirty for Uraraka!" Mineta cried out, and you crossed your arms.
"And ye think actual villains will play fair?" That made him silent, and Izuku's eyes widened a little.

"Villains don't think fair, they'll try and kill you either way. Just like back at the Dome, where the villains appeared, you are only kids, and they tried to kill you with all they have," You told them, watching the crowd be silenced by the voice of Aizawa.

"Real life doesn't work like these tournaments. It about strengthening what ye lack, to make sure yer never be seemed as weak for others to pity ye," You pointed over at Uraraka.

"And based on what I've learned, female heroes are felt a bad hand in the world, humans think of you as objects even if they save them, and villains will think the same way. It's hard to work out there as females, that's why they're as stronger as the males, or even stronger," You see the girl looking up at the sky while panting.

"And as the heroes booing Bakugo for this, I wonder if they deserved being heroes at all," You then pointed up at the sky.
"And Uraraka is as strong as any female dragons I've seen, she knew what she's doing," Giant chunks of rock started to fall out of the sky, crashing down.

Bakugo pointed his arm upward, causing a loud and huge explosion, knocking everything out. You covered your ears and closed your eyes to prevent dust in your eyes.
"She's still standing, but her physical state is very weak," Izuku mumbled as Uraraka collapsed to the ground, eliminating her from the round.

'Still... I'm proud of her. She reminds me of my Ma. That's true dragon spirit,'