Chapter 98: Life, Death, and Rebirth - Samsara

He rose his hand, a cold condensation emanating from his palm and fingers. In the blink of an eye the whole arena was enthralled in ice, catching those in the arena in blocks of ice.

He breathed, looking up to the sky as parts of his body and clothes were covered in ice. Exhaling, a cold condensation escaped from his lips.

"It's been so long," he muttered, walking through the ice-covered arena. He saw some others who managed to survive, showing their strength by being able to dodge his singular attack.

He took a quick glance at a girl with black hair and laces of silver strands incorporated with the pitch-blackness.

"That I've forgotten how lonely it was..." Everything was new to him - these feelings and thoughts engrossed him.

He could feel the audience look at him. Maybe it was because of his high interpersonal intelligence, but he could sense how they were feeling.

Awe.

Fear.

It reminded him all over again.

"Being the strongest."

~~~

"WE FUCKING DID IT!!" Shikamaru yelled, feeling surge of happiness that crossed his heart and lungs. Everyone crashed down, many mangled bodies around them.

As they sat on the soil, their minds were put at ease, a ghost that haunted their bodies finally leaving them.

They were finally free from the demon that threatened the world with his chaotic plan to plunge world into everlasting darkness.

They were at peace. Both mind and in body.

Jiraiya stood up, limping as he took the Aphrodite cube that contained Naruto. It surprised him that this managed to actually work.

As he held the cube, Jiraiya could feel the powerful aura that overflowed from the cube. There markings that wrapped around the cube that showed that the sealing technique worked.

He held it tightly, keeping it close. A rather pleased smile was on his face as he looked at everyone around him.

"Everything worked out in the end."

It took many hours for them to recuperate, burying those who have lost their lives. Once they finished burying, the sun rose, shining down upon them as everyone who lived bowed down, honoring their deaths.

The following few days went by slowly, making way back to Konoha in sluggish silence.

~~~

"Oh, how much you have fallen," Obito said, chuckling at the headline of the newspaper in question. He thought of the first time he had encountered Naruto.

"The Demon Falls! Uchiha Naruto Sealed for Eternity!"

To say he wasn't disappointed would be a lie. Naruto had been an obstacle that stood in his way since the beginning of time; and he even devised a plan to fully neutralise such a person like Naruto.