20. Four to Five

Licht Eralith's POV

After the invited guests and the Priest left for the day, it was just us the Twin Horns gang that remained so we all retired to the Leywin's house and made ourselves feel at home. Alice didn't even need to say this twice as we were already in the process of doing so when she first said it. Adam got us some drinks and much to Rey's dismay, the redhead banned the now-married man from drinking anymore and shared it with Durden.

"Well it sucks to be you Rey but no drinking for you today.." Adam said, sticking out his tongue.

"Just you wait. I will get back to you on this one for sure.." A dejected Rey responded.

"When? When Adam finally gets married?" Angela sarcastically commented, earning a laugh from everyone.

"Let him be Reynolds. I mean he only has alcohol to give his single self some company.." I chided in, my comment a good round of laughter from everyone present.

"Why you little brat.." A flustered Adam rebuked before something clicked his mind. "Hey! You have yet to answer me about that thing I asked ya before. That time you just bailed on me."

"You have got a pretty sharp memory.." I shook my head before getting off my chair. "Time for a little surprise."

I could see Helen, Rey, Jasmine and Durden all sitting with knowing looks on their faces while Angela, Adam and Alice were lost causes at the moment. Slowly I removed both the mask and the illusion earring at the same time. I could hear gasps from the onlookers. My eyes returned to their usual sky blue color once the earring was removed. My ears went back to being pointy.

"You are a fucking elf!?" Adam had his jaw dropped to the ground at the reveal while I sat back on my seat, pulling in the mask and illusion artifact inside my dimension ring.

"Yeah that's how we reacted as well." Durden added.

"Minus the cursing on our part.." Helen pointed out.

"Wait! You guys knew!?" Adam turned to face his party members still having the same shocked face.

"How else would we have convinced the elven slaves back then and who you do think dropped them back home?" Helen replied, rolling her eyes.

Quieting Adam put two and two together to figure out the entire mystery, occasionally nodding his head as if reaching an understanding.

"Aren't you the cutest little thing!"

Before my sword-obsessed brain could actually register what was going to happen, I was pulled into some sort of death hug with my face being suffocated between what felt like twin abyssal hills but actually were Angela's special-grade assassination weapons. Sitting right beside her proved to be a fatal mistake.

Mumbling something along the lines of "I can't breathe" that mostly came out as a muffled mess due to being trapped with the well-endowed blonde's gigantic breasts, I pulled myself away from her grasp.

"Were you trying to end my adventuring career right here?"

"But your face is too cute to resist. I mean ask Jasmine.." Angela threw a wink at the black-haired girl who quickly hid her face behind a plate.

Was my face actually that appealing? I had never bothered to check before. Did basic characteristic features from last birth get carried over in the next birth? I did take occasional looks in the mirror back in the palace to see what sort of appearance I had ended up with after being reborn. I inherited my father's bright silver hair and my mother's sky blue eyes, while my face-cut was an exact carbon copy of my father. And father himself was no less of a handsome man as narrated by mother in her tales of the past so I think good looks run in the family. Even Grandma Rinia told that there was a time when Grandpa Virion had ladies drooling over him.