𝟏𝟐 | 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬

𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐧𝐞
ᵃ ʳᵃʸ ᵒᶠ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵏⁱˡˡᵉᵈ ᵃˡˡ ᵈᵃʳᵏⁿᵉˢˢ

- 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘦𝘱𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘬𝘦𝘱𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘢𝘵𝘩 -

______

This was odd. No one called Viktor at this hour. Unless it was urgent.

Why was she calling?

"What is it?"

"Geeze Viktor it's like 7 in the morning and you already sound grumpy," the female voice on the other side of the phone spoke.

"Lena, is everything okay?"

"Everything here is fine except you didn't even call me to tell me you're getting married. I'm out of country, not out of your life."

Viktor sighed in relief. She was safe. This girl needed to stop scarring him like that.

"I thought mom told you." Viktor rubbed his temple.

"And you believe she had the time to?" Lena exclaimed. Viktor sat down on the edge of his bed. This was going to take time.

"She's probably going crazy with the wedding preparations. I bet she's trying to get you hooked to this woman as soon as possible."

Viktor hummed. He didn't know what else to say. Besides, Lena wouldn't like it if he just stayed quite. Lena was expressive and she made sure Viktor was too in her presence at least.

"Just so you know, if the wedding is in six months, I will fight you. You can't possibly think I will fit into a dress in that short time!" Lena dramatically expressed as Viktor shook his head. He knew Lena was only half joking about the whole situation.

"I know." He replied with exhaustion visible in his voice.

"Vikkie, are you eating well? You sound tired. Have you even slept at all in days?" Lena said with concern lacing over her voice on the phone.

"It's nothing."

"Doesn't sound like nothing." She paused for a moment. "Do you even like the girl you're marrying? Is that why you're punishing yourself?"

"It's not that. I have been busy. That's all." Viktor casually replied.

Lena was quiet for a moment. She was taking Viktor's words in. He didn't sound convincing at all. He didn't try to hide it.

"If you say so." She decided not to roam around the subject anymore. "Just call me sometimes, okay? I miss you."

Viktor hummed absentmindedly. Even though he was talking to Lena on the phone, his thoughts were elsewhere.