2. Vacant seat

It was an early morning, Jamie finally found her alarm clock and so she was saved from having to run to catch the train like the other day.

The train stopped in its track and the doors opened for them. While going through the doors, Jamie spotted an all too familiar face in front of her when the guy looked sideways, probably looking for an empty seat.

There was only one space left for one person, the guy was heading for it when Jamie literally ran towards it and flopped down. She then looked up at the stunned guy and smirked. She leisurely got out her phone and plugged in her earphones, ignoring the guy like nothing happened.

The guy, frozen at his spot just a few steps away from her smiled and went away just as the train started to run again.

Jamie was getting up from her seat as the train stopped at her station when she looked at the guy clutching at a pole to the left starts to pocket his phone and get ready to leave too. 'We're getting off at the same station?!' Jamie thought with dread.

The guy was ahead of her when they walked to the doors. She was just behind the woman to his right when people started pushing and she was pushed beside him. 'Oh we're the same height'

They were already at the doors when the guy put his foot to the right and a wide eyed Jamie fell forward with a thump on the floor of the station.

"Do you need help?" Jamie looked up and saw the guy who tripped her holding in his laughter while extending his hand towards her.

Pissed, she quickly stood up and gave him a glare before bumping her shoulder with his as she walked away. Not wanting to cause more commotion and bring herself more shame.

"Hey" The guy said after her, so she turned around and gave him her middle finger before continuing to walk out of the station.

The guy just stood there, frozen in place again as he was once more surprised at her actions. Slowly he came back to himself and started laughing. The people passing by gave him odd looks, after all who in their right mind would just start laughing out of nowhere for no reason at all.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Hey girl- woah, again?" Gwen asked as soon as Jamie walked into the cafe with a frustrated look.

"I hope that guy trips and get his nose broken" Jamie huffed angrily and set down her bag on the counter.

"Was it the same guy?"

"The same asshole"

"Well?, what did he do this time?" Gwen asked eagerly from behind the counter where she was leaning forwards with her elbows on the counter top.

"He tripped me in front of a crowd of people and even had the nerve to ask me if I needed help"

"Wow, He really is something"

"You tell me, I want to kick him in the balls one day, his face is so irritating! My fist just itch to punch that laugh out of him!"

"Is he handsome?"

"What the heck Gwen? Is that all you care about?"

"Being handsome changes everything" Gwen whispered like a secret with a wiggling eyebrow.

"Hell no! You don't even know how annoying he looks!" Jamie retorted hotly.

"I hate to disturb you ladies but the customers are waiting" A tall dude with Harry written on his name tag interrupted their chat with an amused look. Jamie looked behind her and found quite a queue of customers. She immediately apologized and stepped away and into the door behind the counter for staffs.

"Morning Boss" another guy similar to the one at the counter before greeted Jamie when she entered the kitchen.

"Morning Larry, do we have orders today?"

"Nope, meaning we can relax today" He said with a hopeful smile.

"You just want to play your video games" Jamie released a fond sigh. These boys are like her little brothers, having worked together with them for 2 years already.

"Blame the creators for creating an amazingly addicting game!"

"Yeah yeah just get to work already then we can close earlier today"