𝑂𝑢𝑡𝑏𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑘

________________________

Freedom

 ☀︎︎ The Outbreak ☀︎︎— The Walking Dead — ༄ By Indigo ༄

The Walking Dead —
By Indigo

( Cw: cursing, mention of weapons, Blood, Ed Peltier
mention of death)
________________________

I never expected it to turn out this way.
I was supposed to be asleep, dreaming away about worlds safer than my own. But that one night
filled with terror and confusion changed everything for me.

Two Months Ago

Mercedes turned over in bed, her sheets pooling around her waist. The light patterns of rain on the back door woke her.

She turned to look at the digital clock on her bedside table,

3:54 AM

Mercedes couldn't have been asleep for longer than a few hours. She planned to ignore the rain and attempt to fall back asleep but something outside her home caught her eyes.

She groggily slid off her bed and walked up to the door, squinting her eyes to see if they were deceiving her. Their neighbor, Mr. Harrison, was lying face down in the grass. Mercy watched the older man, completely still.

Her curiosity getting the best of her, she unlocked and slid open the door, stepping out of her home slightly.

"Uh- Mr. Harrison? Are you alright?" The young girl asked, her voice slow with sleep. There was no response for a while, Just the rain falling atop mercy skin as she stood outside, and the low wind flowing through her hair.

Before Mercy could call out to her neighbor a second time, he slowly pushed himself off the ground and stood up. Mercy was happy he was alright... but something was wrong.

He had a large blood stain on his abdomen that seemed to be caused by some kind of puncture. and that wasn't even the most concerning part.

His skin seemed to be a pale green. and it wasn't caused by the street lights either, it was a great contrast to mercy skin.

The older man's eyes also seemed to be incredibly sunken in. He looked very sick. "Mr. Harrison? Do you need help?" Mercy asked, taking a step closer to her neighbor. But once he was fully off the ground, he began walking toward the younger girl.
"Uh- Mr. Harrison?" Mercy asked, taking a cautious step back into her room. The man didn't say anything, he just continued to walk toward the girl until she was backed against the sliding door.