chapter 22, Wesley

***hey guys i'm back!! i'm sorry i haven't posted! but thank you all for the love and support!!❤️❤️

***
hey guys i'm back!! i'm sorry i haven't posted! but thank you all for the love and support!!❤️❤️

me and Wesley had been walking around for a little while now. i was trying to find the science section but Wesley just seemed to wanna talk. but i knew i couldn't screw up and leave the counter for a long time on the first day.

but he was nice and i kept catching myself talking for too long with him. he was charming and seemed really sweet.

and i swear that this guy was perfect.

he was going to college in the space field. working for NASA. he wanted to build rocket ships and his dream was to send someone to Mars. he was so passionate about it. and he was a freshman which meant he wasn't too much older than me.

he was 19, turning 20 in november.

i soon found the science books one about space and building rockets and all. i smiled and showed them to him.

"here they are." i said with a smile.

he sighed and smiled. "thanks Caroline." he said with a smile.

"anytime." i say, smiling back at him.

i walked back over to the counter to see 2 people waiting for me. i get behind the counter. the first person was someone returning a book and the other was wanting to buy a book.

once i finished with the second person Wesley came up to me. i furrowed my eyebrows and smiled a little.

"and you're back." i chuckle as he hands me a book, not one about space. i furrow my eyebrows and he seems to catch on.

"i was too scared to actually come up and start talking to you. so i thought that asking you for a book would be better." he said, now nervous.

i smiled and scoffed. i looked down at the book, Divergent. "Tris is such a bitch by the way. i hated her so much." i said. "you wanna buy it or check it out?"

"check out." he said.

i nodded and scanned the barcode and typed in his name and it was officially checked out.

i handed him his book and he smiled and thanked me. "uhm, i don't know if this is too early, and you can say no if you want. but could i maybe, have your number?" he asked, sounding unsure of himself.

i smiled once again and nodded. "sure." i said.

he now was excited. he smiled super big as he handed me his phone. i typed in my name and number and then handed it back to him. he clicked off his phone.

"nice meeting you."

"you too."

and with that he walked towards the doors his book flipped open. i watched him walk off with a small smile. my cheeks felt hot and i bit the inside of my cheek.

just then Calvin came back pushing the almost empty cart. he saw me and smiled and then looked over at Wesley.

"you'll like him, he's a good kid."

"i'm guessing he's a regular."

"every, monday, wednesday, and friday he's here studying. he's one smart kid, that's for sure. he got a full ride scholarship for basketball, and he got another scholarship for his grades." Calvin explained. "he's going places that's for sure."

***

i made it home, i put in my key and twisted the lock. i walked inside and saw Pearl on my couch sleeping. i chuckled and quietly closed my door. i set my bag down on the counter and quietly crept over to her. i sat down next to her and put my hand on her head. she jumped awake until she saw it was me.

she pushed my hand away making me chuckle as she went back to her spot, wanting more sleep.

i got up and changed and put my hair up and deiced to facetime Madi. after a few rings she answered with her phone close to her face. i choked on the air and started laughing and she smiled and pulled the phone away from her face.

"HEY GIRLY!!" she said in a high pitch voice.

"gurl what the hell." i laughed.

"don't "what the hell" me Ms. Ma'am. i am your best friend after all." Madi said as she set her phone on her dresser and did a stupid dance.

"you're odd." i said.

"are you only saying that because you don't like me?"

"no i'm saying it because you're short and annoying."

she gasped loudly and snatched up her phone.

"you bitch!" she said. "if i didn't love you i would hang up."

"i agree."

Madi stopped walking and glared at me. "you're not funny."

"i'm hilarious."

"no one likes you."

"honestly, relatable."

Madi just glared at me. "anyways, what has happened since i've been gone?" she asked.

i contemplated telling her about my dad and the whole drama with that. but i decided against it as it was still kind of an ongoing thing.

"nothing really. i got this new job and it's pretty nice. and i miss you a lot." i say.

"i miss you too. it's weird not being around you and the triplets." she said.

"when will you come visit?" i ask.

"i don't know, i'm trying to figure it out still. i mean i just got here so i don't plan leaving anytime soon. maybe in october."

"you should definitely come back in october. that's my birth month." i say with a smile. "and the best month out of the year, because halloween. And Tim Burton. And Hocus Pocus. And halloween parties. And horror movies."

"i get the idea." she said. "but i've got to go my mom wants me to go look at some furniture with her. i'll call you back in a few hours."

"okay, bye bestie." i say.

"byeee."

she hung the call and i sighed. i rolled onto my back and faced the ceiling. my phone pinged i furrowed my eyebrows and looked over at my phone. it was a message from a random number.

hey, it's Wesley!

heyy

random question but, do you like roller skating?

***