x | part iii

Eiji's name means peace, prosperity, greatness, eternity, and second. It's actually a male name.

Sukuna's name means "both sides" (Ryomen) and "to drive evil away" (Sukuna).

I feel like these names are actually pretty accurate but contradict their characters at the same time.

・゚: *✧・゚. *

Sukuna sat under the sakura tree, his breathing ragged.

He tried to kill Eiji's brother.

Pain, regret, grief, anger, sadness, every negative emotion that Sukuna could think of came rushing toward him.

'Why did I have to think of her?' Sukuna thought as he scratched his neck so hard that it started bleeding.

Voices echoed through his head, blood-curling screams and people sobbing and begging for their lives.

His sins came back to haunt him. Could he blame them? No. He killed them with a smile on his face and he enjoyed it. So what changed?

Her. She changed him.

Sukuna felt like yelling or destroying something.

Why?

Why?

Why her?

"Suki?"

It was the voice he dreaded and loved at the same time. He turned in the direction of the voice to see Eiji with a concerned look on her face. Sukuna was still in his King of Curses form, causing fear to strike through him as he quickly turn back to his more human-like appearance.

What was she going to do? Scream, yell, call him a monster? Report him to other sorcerers?

Without saying a word, she hugged him tightly, much to his surprise, and then gently laid his head in her lap.

"Tell me about it," Eiji whispered as she looked directly into his ruby-red eyes. It was a look that made him break down all his walls and vent to a woman who he wanted to believe he hated.

"I almost killed him," Sukuna laid his hands over his eyes to prevent himself from seeing her reaction.

"My brother?" Eiji asked.

"...yes," Sukuna admitted. "I thought I was gonna kill him, but if I did, I know I'd never forgive myself for doing that to you."

"Hey..." Eiji moved his hands out of the way so she could see his face. "You didn't kill him. That's enough for me."

"Eiji, I'm a terrible person, why do you even care about me?" Sukuna tried to look at anything but her.

Eiji gave him that same loving look and smiled,

"Because I love you."

Sukuna couldn't believe Eiji had said that. Somebody loved him, a monster, of all people, and that somebody who loved him was the kindest, sweetest, most caring person in Japan. As he looked up at Eiji in shock, she swooped down and kissed him. It was a small, intimate kiss, but that made no difference to Sukuna because the feeling of ecstasy was still there. When Eiji pulled away, Sukuna still wanted more. Or did he? He didn't know.

He didn't know what to feel anymore.

Sukuna got up, suddenly missing the warmth of Eiji and her touch. "I'm not in love with you, you damn woman!" Sukuna snapped, unsure of what his heart was feeling. There was a pain in his chest as part of him was screaming not to do whatever the hell he was doing, while the other was telling him he was doing the right thing. He was supposed to hate her.

Right?

Eiji looked up at him with shock from his sudden outburst, which then turned into a teary smile.

"I get it," She said as a single tear rolled down her cheek.

He did that to her.

He made her cry.

"Wait Eiji-" Sukuna reached out to her, but she slipped away and ran.

"I-I don't know what I feel," Sukuna's voice drifted into a whisper. The pain in his chest grew larger, causing Sukuna to clutch at his chest and sink to his knees.

He shouldn't've come to Heian-kyō in the first place

・゚: *✧・゚. *

"Master Sukuna, are you alright?"

Sukuna through the body of a lifeless woman to the side and she hit the wall like a rag doll

"No," Sukuna was seething with anger. Most of it was because he was mad at himself for yelling at Eiji and making her cry, the other part of it was showing up in Heian-kyō in the first place.

Only if he didn't have such a big ego.

They would stay in the cities that they destroyed for a few days, waiting for more sorcerers to show up, more specifically, the masked man, but he never showed, and they'd move on to the next city, with Sukuna disappointed.

He tried to regain some of the joy of fighting but to no avail. Everything was just red.

Sukuna sat under a tree, watching the city burn. He couldn't help but picture the first time he met Eiji, how the world gained a little more color when she made him laugh.

Sukuna knew what his heart felt now; he loved Eiji.

Sukuna tried coming up with any reason to contradict that statement, but after what happened, his heart told him there were no more excuses.

"Master Sukuna, Jujutsu sorcerers have arrived,"

Sukuna sighed as he got up onto his feet. "Let's go kill some sorcerers, then."

・゚: *✧・゚. *

I lied, this is actually gonna be four parts