That Night || 15

kinda like some back story to why jungkook left home <reference chapter: high high hopes>

___

"hey jungkook, c'mon man it's not that big of a deal!"

"yeah, just go for it!"

jungkook sighs, shaking his head slowly against his will and the hard impact of alcohol that has started showing it's effect on him in almost every possible aspect. his lips part in anticipation, too keen to have the rim of the glass connected to his mouth yet again despite knowing he should stop now. a friend pats his back, nodding towards the direction of this girl, talking and laughing with her friends who occasionally spare him a glance, letting him know that he's not the only one with hawk eyes.

daniel grumbles something, swaying with the movements of his body as he stands up, shoving the guy away from jungkook and throws his arm around jungkook's neck, leaning near his ear with a little drunken breath, "don't listen to 'em, won't even care 'bout the chick. don't do this,"

"i know," jungkook nods, straightening his clothes and stands up, cracking his neck after he downs another drink, staring right at the girl that his friends knew he was dating, "i gotta talk to her..."

"chelsea? no," dan shakes his head, patting jungkook's shoulder, "let's go home buddy. jackson, we're lea-"

"damnit no! not yet, c'mon!" the said guy whines, hugging a bottle of vodka, shaking his head, "i'm not leaving my baby..."

"your girlfriend is sleeping with someone else, let's just go okay?" another scoffs, grabbing the guy by his collar and drags him out.

daniel rolls his eyes, following them out but stops on noticing jungkook isn't coming with them, "kook, let's go. do not go to her when you're drunk and not in your senses bro!"

"i'm coming..." jungkook mumbles, glancing at his friend and gestures towards a hallway at the side, "toilet...?"

"yeah, go jerk," daniel scoffs and jungkook turns around, his eyes scanning through the crowd until they find the same group of three girls from earlier. one of them smiles at him, making the other two follow her gaze. the second waves at him, calling him over and the third one, the feisty one, rolls her eyes, virtually a gesture for him to keep his nasty drunk ass away.

he squints at the girl, pushing past a couple making out and hears the rest of the guys from his group, cheering for him, making him smirk in victory. as he approaches nearer, the crowd descents on it's own, being much quieter and less sweaty this side of the dance floor.

"hey jungkook," one of the girls smile at him, leaning closer for a hug, which he returns gladly, letting out a brief airy chuckle on feeling the girl lingering too close for more than a second.

"hey," his eyes take control, eyeing her down and smiles, "hana, where's that scumbag of yours?"

"dumped him a week ago," she grins,

"ah good job," he chuckles, nodding his head and turns to the other one who's already hugging his arm.

"i missed you," she slurs and he raises his brows, knowing she's completely wasted. one more shot would be enough to have her passing out right in his arms.

"well, i didn't miss you," he pulls himself back, laughing when the girl hits him. "alright, maybe i did a little bit."

"jiah," hana pulls her arm, gasping as she's holding a phone which is ringing and a guy's name is flashing on the screen, "leave! if hyunsik is here, you're dead!"

"oh why?"

"didn't you tell him to wait upstairs idiot?!"

"ah right! oh my god! bye bye bye! jungkook i need to go, sorry."