7

After making sure Astrid was asleep I came down and told the boys to be in my office in 5 minutes

"What's wrong?" Adrian asked after everyone arrived.

"I saw some burn marks on Astrid's arms-"

"What?"

"How?"

"What the fuck!"

"You're kidding."

"I'd never joke about something like this."

"How'd she get them?" Adonis, asked.

"She said she was punished for burning eggs."

"What?" Daemon's was a mere wishper.

"I have a feeling there's more." I started. " We need to do a full body check-up on her."

Anubis exclaimed with horror, "You think she was abused."

"That's what everything leads to. I hugged her and she whimpered. Her body must be hurting."

"Do you want me to go and check her right now?" Adonis asked.

"Don't be ridiculous. She wouldn't want someone looking at her body when she's asleep," Adrian stated with anger.

"Adrian's right. We'll ask her first," Daemon said.

I sighed. "Now go to sleep. We'll talk to her in the morning."

______________________________________

After coming out of dad's office I went straight to Alora's room

I opened her door and poked my head in. She was sleeping. I went in and closed the door behind me.

She hasn't closed the blinds. Moonlight streamed in and fell on her. Her already pale complexion looked paler in the light.

I knelt down next to her bed and removed the few strands of hair that fell on her face.

She's so thin.

I think they didn't even let her eat properly. She was supposed to be the most loved and pampered child in the world. But fate had different plans.