23: Said Bragging Rights

"Carter. I swear if you don't back away from me, I'm rendering your dick useless." His face was nestled in the crook of my neck. I promise you he was sniffing me.

"I can't help myself. You just smell so good." My suspicion was proved correctly. "I really think we should get in one more good round of sex before you swear off your coworkers tomorrow."

"You have no shame, do you?"

"Shame free, Ms. Murphy."

"It's not that hard to control your urges Carter. You can always get help." I advised him. He went back to doing his part in kitchen duty. I was focused on grilling and seasoning this chicken to perfection.

"Oh please. I can hold off on sex longer than you can." I broke into fits of laughter.

"You should be a comedian. Do you have any more jokes?"

"I'm serious."

"Okay. Longest one to last without sex. I will win." I declared.

"I'm not making a bet on this. It's known facts."

"Are you scared? Doubting yourself already? What happened to the ego you had?" I cocked my head at him while cutting the chicken into pieces before placing it on the island.

"You have a way with peer pressure."

"That's why they say I'm a bad influence on kids." I slammed my palms on the counter. "But anyway, I'm glad we can come to an agreement."

"What do I win?"

"You mean what do I win," I corrected. He didn't even bother to spare me a glance. "And bragging rights. I'm not giving you money."

"Oral?" I contemplated throwing a pot at his face, but I settled on the keys lying on the counter. Carter yelped in pain when one of the keys cut his arm. "Evil!"

"I take pride in that. So thank you." He carelessly slid my plate over to me unbothered by the possibility my food could've fell onto the floor. Deciding I was unworthy of his presence, he abandoned me for the living room. "I love you, too!"

~∞~

"What if I don't want to go and get them? I do not feel like walking. Personally speaking, it's your job to do such work. It's my first day." Gavin pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to calm himself down.

"Just go get the glasses and take them to the back. You don't even have to wash them." I rolled my eyes before picking up empty glasses left on the counter. I loaded them into the bin and made my way around the counter towards the back.

After loading the glasses in the sink, carefully if I must add, I pranced back outside resuming position. "Darling, can we get a refill here?"

"And what will that be, sir?" I pasted on my pleasant smile ignoring the casted glances towards me in front of the woman with him.

"Gin and tonic for me and a Cosmopolitan for the lady." I racked my mind for the basic mixes I learned in the past four days before preparing their drinks and sliding them in front of them. Flashing them a smile, I drifted away to more patrons occasionally stopping to make conversation with those who seemed interested.

"Trojan, huh?" I whistled. "We could've been the best of friends."

"Now I'm a little worried," he took a sip of his drink while eyeing me. I only batted my eyelashes, and scanned the bar through my peripheral to see any needy customers.

"Bruin alumni. In our school USC was the devil." He let out a chuckle.

"It's too bad I don't associate myself with a Bruin." He smiled cheekily at me. I wrapped up the conversation and continued to make my rounds around the small space making sure to acquaintance myself with the customers here.